Public vs. Private courses (Read 696 times)

duncan

I have a whole bunch o' courses set up in the system and tried to mark them all "private." However...when I go to the tools section and search for courses in my area that were posted as "public" by other users, ALL of my courses show up in the list. Does this mean that there is no way to actually mark a course as private???
      I think the site shows you 'your courses + all public courses'. Just logout and try again....

Running in Belgium
      Ann

eric :)

Ann is correct. When you're searching for maps, you will always be able to see your own maps, regardless of their privacy setting. When other people search for the same maps, your private maps will not show up. You can verify this by logging out and execute the same search. eric Smile
        JakeKnight

I have a whole bunch o' courses set up in the system and tried to mark them all "private." However...when I go to the tools section and search for courses in my area that were posted as "public" by other users, ALL of my courses show up in the list. Does this mean that there is no way to actually mark a course as private???
          Now I want to hack into Duncan's "private" courses and see what's so interesting. If you're running by a nude beach or a beer factory, I'm going to be very disappointed that you're not sharing.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------