Movies that freak me the heck out (Read 661 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I walked out of the remake of "Cape Fear" because I could not take the intensitiy and RObert DeNiro was way too creepy. I walked across the theater to Billy Crystal and Jack Palance flick and it took me 10 minutes to relax.
    I LOVED that movie, but afterwards we were all looking under my hubby's car (this was back when were were just kids and first dating) to make sure that DeNiro wasn't hanging-on for a ride! Tongue BTW, what the heck happened to Juliette Lewis? She had such a promising career and then pretty much flaked-out. Now she seems to be totally off the radar. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Well I just googled her and she is keeping pretty busy making movies I have never heard of. Of course these days I see alot of kids movies or light hearted movies. In fact last night I wathced "When Harry Met Sally" and I still liked it.
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        One movie I absolutely hate is Starship Troopers!!!! I am a fan if ScFi and a HUGE Heinlein fan (I collect his works) but what was done to his book in putting it on film is so criminal that the screen play writer and the director should be put to death!!! Slllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gregg, that's hilarious...my hubby LOVES that movie, but I think it's painfully stupid! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

RunningHammer

One movie I absolutely hate is Starship Troopers!!!! I am a fan if ScFi and a HUGE Heinlein fan (I collect his works) but what was done to his book in putting it on film is so criminal that the screen play writer and the director should be put to death!!! Slllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly!
            I didn't even realise that travesty of a film was based on one of heinlein's books! Got to agree with you there bear_poop!
              Gregg, that's hilarious...my hubby LOVES that movie, but I think it's painfully stupid! Tongue k
              The book is so much different and is one of Heinlien's 4 Hugo Awards. It is all about Duty Honor Country. The movie was more about sex gore and facistism. If you like Sci Fi read the book. Another Award winner is his The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. The opening of the first chapter will have you ROFLYAO!!! Heinlein knew how to tell a story and tell it well

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Fatal Attraction. I could sleep for several nights after watching it. Of course, I was only a kid at the time, which made it doubly freaky.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Fatal Attraction. I could sleep for several nights after watching it. Of course, I was only a kid at the time, which made it doubly freaky.
                  Poor bunny... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

I think many a female took their boyfrieds/husbands to see that movie to make a point.

A Clockwork Orange. I saw it in college and would wake up crying for days afterwards. That's really the only movie that completely and totally got to me.

Why is it sideways?

The Shining.

You'll ruin your knees!

I once begged my mother to "make" me not watch House On Haunted Hill ...musta been 1965 or so... Other than that, the only thing that bothers me is reality TV of any sort ...now THAT's scary! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Egads...Vincent Price! His voice, alone.....

~ Sarah Kay

I waited almost 20 years for that movie to be made (Read it as a teenager and later did a paper on it for an Int'l Rel class in college) and I had such high hopes for it...Afterwards all I could think was, "What a roll job!" On a better note, the CGI-animated series "Roughneck Chronicles" was pretty good.
                                When I got home from that movie my wife asked well......? Then saw the look on my face and said "Never mind!" The movie "RAH's Puppet Masters" was well done even with the changes the director made. But the BEST conversion from books to moive was LOTR! Jackson was great. He loved the books and it showed. BTW: What about making Stranger in a Starnge Land into a movie? James Earl Jones as Jubal!!!