Hi -- new to the forums here! (Read 898 times)

Hi guys! I've been using RA to log my miles and races and everything. Awesome site! Nice to meet everyone Big grin Trish Smile
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi, Trish, glad you wandered in to introduce yourself...the more, the merrier! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Hi Trish, nice to meet you! Big grin Claire xxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
          Hi guys! I've been using RA to log my miles and races and everything. Awesome site! Nice to meet everyone Big grin Trish Smile
          Ditto for me. Found this site last month and it's GREAT! You have a nice group going here. I have not ran for years and am finding out how much I've missed it. Gayle Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi to you, too, Gayle! And nice log--you've got some great consistency going there. You (and all the other new folks) should come check out the 1000 mile group for 2007: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/1000MileClub I think someone figured that average mileage would only need to be about 19/week to make 1000 miles by the end of '07. Should be pretty doable. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks Kirsten, that means a lot to a new runner. I'm trying hard to achieve that consistency. I've been lurking for awhile and learning from everyone. Thought about joining your 1,000 mile group, but guess I'm just scared Undecided - that's a lot of milege for a new runner. You are right, it's one step at a time, and my goal for 2007 is to average 20 miles a week so it should be doable. Goals for next year are to move up to 10K races and to run a HM that one of my girlfriends have challenged me to run. Should be a fun year! Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, you can totally do it! I started in late March and ran my first HM 6 weeks ago. I just kept adding about 10% to my weekly running time and got myself up to 13.5 miles in a single run a couple of weeks before the race...only about 7 months after I started. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

va

...You (and all the other new folks) should come check out the 1000 mile group for 2007: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/1000MileClub
                  Also, anybody running to lose weight, check out the "Jiggly Joggers" group: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/jiggly_joggers
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Also, anybody running to lose weight, check out the "Jiggly Joggers" group: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/jiggly_joggers
                    Yep, weigh-in for the week is tomorrow, so it's a perfect time to join and get on-track before Christmas! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Looks like I've found the right site to keep my on track. Big grin I am trying to lose those last few pounds. I started with diet and consistent excercise. I started eating healthy or I should say I started attempting to eat healthy. I LOVE food! When I ran and bike before I could eat anything I want, but once I quit it kind of added up. The excersie I used was DVD workouts and they worked great! It's just after two years of DVD's I need to find something else. So back to running and biking. I have finally hit a point where I feel like I've lost enough weight that I can run again without hurting my knees and right hip which I injuried during bike racing. I've been "stuck" at the same weight the last 1/2 year and hoping running will shake lose those extra pounds. Don't get me wrong I've got some goals I want to accomplish with my running next year and along the way I'm hoping the pounds drop. Well, enough rambling . . . I'll check out the groups. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I lurked for so long because . . . . . well can I don't know know. Gayle

Looks like I've found the right site to keep my on track. Gayle
                        This is a great site, isn't it. I've been having major problems finding motivation for my runs. It's been much, much easier ever since I found RA. Great community and great tools for keeping track of my progress. Welcome to the group. Ewa
                        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill