Heart Rate Monitors (Read 41 times)

jebrown325

I am looking for a heart rate monitor that gives a notification (chime or vibrate) when I go above a set number of beats per minute.  I am new to running so my heart rate goes up pretty fast during runs.  I would like a monitor that I can set to alert me anytime my heart rate goes above 150 bpm.  Anyone know any monitors they would suggest that do this?  Thanks!

Wisteria

I think most watches have the capability to do this.  I recently started running again and got myself a Garmin Forerunner 45S that works just fine for me.

jebrown325

I think most watches have the capability to do this.  I recently started running again and got myself a Garmin Forerunner 45S that works just fine for me.

I was checking out Garmin's website and was thinking of buying the Forerunner 45 as well.  Debating on either that or a Fitbit Sense.  I checked with the companies and both have the HRT features I am looking for.  If you don't mind me asking, what made you choose Garmin over the other brands?

dhuffman63

Trails

I had a FitBit when I started but moved to the Garmin for it's functionality and longer battery life

CanadianMeg

Got Run, eh? in 2022

I have a Garmin 45 and I don't think the heart rate monitor is accurate. I think I get cadence lock where it's measuring my steps, not my heart. If you are really wanting to train using heart rate, you would be better to go with a watch that pairs with a chest strap for a more accurate reading.

Half Fanatic #9292.