More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

joescott

It felt absolutely wonderful to be outside!

Yep!  Welcome all you recent newbs!

Mike, I like the part of the long run in the teens when the nozzle of the water/gatorade bottle freezes, rendering it "challenging."

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's been dropping two degrees per hour pretty much all night.  Currently -8.  I started my run at +3, so I could have run backwards, or something.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

A 5 degree start to my 10 mile run.  I could really use a mid winter thaw, mentally, but forecast is not looking promising.

Leah, mother of dogs

It's nothing against you people but I want out of this club.

2 degrees for my 11.5-mile hill workout this morning. Eff this shite.

Runners run

joescott

9 miles.  1 lonely degree.

BUT, I hope to quit this club for a good long while with any luck.  Forecast low tonight is 11, and I'm only planning 9 miles. 

Still might have to check in on Niko and LL, though.  You guys are some tough winter warriors!!

- Joe

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

9 miles.  1 lonely degree.

BUT, I hope to quit this club for a good long while with any luck.  Forecast low tonight is 11, and I'm only planning 9 miles. 

Still might have to check in on Niko and LL, though.  You guys are some tough winter warriors!!

Nope, it was 10F here and I only did 6.5 miles. Looks like I'll have a reprieve for at least a week.  Maybe the rest of the season. <fingers-crossed-emoticon here>

bpangie

Last nights run started at 8 degrees, and was 4 by the time I finished. Almost ten miles. It'll get warm soon, right?

joescott

It'll get warm soon, right?

Let's all hope so!

- Joe

ran 4 miles at 0F

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

At least I am getting good use out of my snowshoes this year.  Ten miles, 5 degrees.

And RIP iPod Shuffle   I sweat killed it yesterday.  I thought I was saving battery life by keeping it inside my coat, but there must be too much moisture in there and it finally succumbed.

I saw this poor bastard too.  Bad, bad idea to drive your truck out here!  I think he meant to drive up the hill but couldn't get up, so was backing out when he backed right off the road.  Oops.  Gave me something to think about while I ran, other than how much I missed my music.

Leah, mother of dogs

joescott

Two thoughts.  1.  I have probably sweat killed half a dozen mp3 players over the years.  That's why I buy cheap ones!  Them and headphones.  2.  I gotta start running with a camera.  Except I never see anything very exciting on my little suburban runs.    3.  Bummer for that dude, man.  Bummer.  I guess them's 3 thoughts.

- Joe

Ojo

Sara

MM #2929

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Two thoughts.  1.  I have probably sweat killed half a dozen mp3 players over the years.  That's why I buy cheap ones!  Them and headphones.  2.  I gotta start running with a camera.  Except I never see anything very exciting on my little suburban runs.    3.  Bummer for that dude, man.  Bummer.  I guess them's 3 thoughts.

I don't think I am going to replace the Shuffle.  I run with my iPhone (doubles as camera!) and I can just play music through the phone if I need to.  And my phone is in a waterproof case, so sweat proof.

Leah, mother of dogs

MIRich

I'm in! 0 degrees at 5am this morning. Ran 2.5 miles from and back to the gym before warming up with a back and shoulders strength workout.

The Phoenix has risen! Recovered from my injury, and kickin' serious asphalt once again!

joescott

And I'm OUT!  9 miles in a heat wave of 15F today! 

- Joe