taking lipo 6 to improve run (Read 160 times)

culcee

has anyone tried taking lipo 6 here?im really desperate in losing weight so that i can run efficiently...im training for marathon within 6 months...

Latent Runner

has anyone tried taking lipo 6 here?im really desperate in losing weight so that i can run efficiently...im training for marathon within 6 months...

Even if you weren't overweight I wouldn't recommend running a marathon in only six months if you are newly into the running thing.  Better go with a half marathon and save the full marathon for next year.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
      • 2-mile: 13:49
      • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
      • 5-Mile: 37:24
      • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
      • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
      • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

Feeling the growl again

If you are desperate to lose weight, keep running consistently and watch your intake.  Forget the unproven snake oil.  Even the drugs studied enough to actually be approved for weight loss show pretty pathetic average weight loss.

And +1 on not rushing into the marathon.  If you are still overweight and trying to lose weight 6 months out, you're asking for injury.  There is nothing special about simply finishing a marathon.  There is so much more to this sport than marathons.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Mmmmm...beer

Eat less, it's that simple (notice I said simple, not easy).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Arimathea

Tessa

The only thing that a diet pill will effectively work to reduce is your bank account.

There is no such thing as a magic pill that helps you lose weight.

Bittman's vegan before 6 plan is a good one. So is Weight Watchers (this is what helped me lose the weight). There are others. All the successful plans I know of include these components:

• minimize or eliminate empty calories, especially simple carbs and unhealthy fats
            • focus on lean protein and vegetables
            • keep a food journal or track everything you eat
            • weigh and measure your portions
            • exercise but don't make the mistake of thinking that a workout entitles you to eat what you want
            • weigh yourself at least once a week

It's not easy. It never has been. And it takes time and effort and commitment. But you can do it -- WITHOUT any pills.

Latent Runner

The only thing that a diet pill will effectively work to reduce is your bank account.

Agreed.

There is no such thing as a magic pill that helps you lose weight.

Agreed again.

• exercise but don't make the mistake of thinking that a workout entitles you to eat what you want

I made that mistake, I'm on the "If it ain't nailed down, I eat it" diet.  So far I've lost over 60 pounds.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
              • 2-mile: 13:49
              • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
              • 5-Mile: 37:24
              • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
              • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
              • Half Marathon: 1:42:13