3/20 is a special day! (Read 865 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

You go, girl! Awesome race last weekend! Looking forward to what next year brings... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Me too--I hope some big ol' PRs! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

happy anniversary K! that's really awesome...i'm proud of you! I can't wait till i can hold my own with you- it'd be fun to hit the trails with you! Smile
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't know about those "trails" (unless they are the paved rail trails). I'm a klutz. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I don't know about those "trails" (unless they are the paved rail trails). I'm a klutz. Tongue k
            Ahh, you should try trail running, it's great! Happy running anny!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

c o n g r a t u l a t i o n s ! I'm sure the next year of running will bring tons of PRs and even more cute race skirts Wink
              2009: BQ?
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...and more running shoes, and socks, and pants, and other assorted gear. It never ends, does it?! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

...and more running shoes, and socks, and pants, and other assorted gear. It never ends, does it?!
                  And iPods and Garmins... Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No joke! I hope that iPhone comes down in price in a couple of years and that one can get something other than Cingular service (which sucks up this way)...that would take the place of so many devices (my PDA, cel, iPod)...and just think if they added some sort of GPS to it! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Don't get me started on the iPhone. I already have a love/hate relationship with that thing and it doesn't even come out for another 3 months... Evil grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What's to hate...other than the price and the Cingular service?! I have a feeling that *someday* I will have one. Long after it's not cutting edge and cool to have one, I'm certain. You know, like my first iPod that I got for Christmas. By the time I got one it was no longer status! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

3 more months................... *swoons*
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

3 more months................... *swoons*
                            Are you gonna get the iPhone? Or are you guys getting a Mac, finally? Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

What's to hate...other than the price and the Cingular service?!
                              Well, those are the top two. Hate's too strong a word. But there are other concerns: 1) There's Wi-Fi, but you can't make Wi-Fi calls. 2) It has EDGE instead of EVDO -- in other words, it's not using the fastest data speed out there. I understand that EDGE is more prevalent, but they should do both. ( Though I suppose they could use carrier pigeon and it would be faster than my current craptacular Sprint.) 3) Not enough memory. My 80GB iPod is about 60GB full of tunes, vids, and pics. 4GB and 8GB isn't enough IMHO. I understand that you can't get 80GB flash drives yet, but for what they're charging I think there should be at least 16GB. 4) GPS: if you saw the Macworld demo, you know how cool the whole Google Maps thing was on the phone. But he still had to tell the phone he was in 'Frisco at the time. I want my phone know where I am so I can find stuff near my current location easily. 5) Ease of use: Okay, no one does this better than Apple. They understand that most of the time on a cell phone, you're not dialing a number, so you don't always need the keypad. But I'm worried about having to look at the contact list to dial. Because at least for me, 90% of my calling is not done by dialing the number or even looking it up -- it's done by speed dialing. It doesn't get much easier than holding down one button to dial home. Hopefully, Apple addresses this. Have I scared you off of the iPhone yet? Surprised Don't get me wrong though, me still wants one bad. When I was watching the Macworld Keynote, firmly surrounded by the Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field, I was according the iPhone with the same kind of awe I would have given if Jobs had come out with a cure for cancer, an end to world hunger, and the cessation of religious strife. I think it will be a fantastic product. Apple is a smart company and I'm sure they're paying attention to some of the criticisms. I'm sure they'll wow us this June. And I'll buy mine next June! Big grin Cheers, Jeff

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have I scared you off of the iPhone yet? Surprised Don't get me wrong though, me still wants one bad. When I was watching the Macworld Keynote, firmly surrounded by the Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field, I was according the iPhone with the same kind of awe I would have given if Jobs had come out with a cure for cancer, an end to world hunger, and the cessation of religious strife. I think it will be a fantastic product. Apple is a smart company and I'm sure they're paying attention to some of the criticisms. I'm sure they'll wow us this June. And I'll buy mine next June! Big grin Cheers, Jeff
                                Can't scare me! I have a craptacular LG phone that malfunctions more than it functions, a POS bottom-of-the-line Palm and no GPS, so it would still be WORLDS better than what I currently have to work with. I'm sure in a year or two that it will be even better AND cheaper, too. k

~ Sarah Kay