What size mp3 player do you have? (Read 756 times)

xor

The things we lost when 8-tracks went the way of the passenger pigeon: 1. The satisfying chu-chunk when you changed tracks. 2. Mangled albums when the songs didn't time out well for four tracks. Fade outs/fade ins. 3. Double tracking: hearing the song you want, and in the background, a wholly different song whispering from another track. 4. The eventual, sometimes quick degradation of the tape. Sometimes it would go chipmunk. Sometimes fluttery. Usually just goofed. But between 1 day and 6 months, that tape WOULD spontaneously combust like the tapes at the beginning of Mission Impossible/ 8 tracks were awesome.

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

Now I want to run with a portable 8-track player.
      March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
      DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Ha! That was great Zoom!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

De-slacking in progress

80 Gig- Zune - can put dvd's and music and pics and... on it. But I bought it before I started running and I don't even run with music anyway.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

jeffdonahue

4 GB Nano - way more than I need for running. I have a 5K race playlist, .
            +1, way more than I could ever need. I dont really know what I would do if I had 3000 songs on my ipod, how do you ever find a song you want to listen to in the middle of a run?

an amazing likeness

Which would you recommend more? The shuffle or the clip?
              Ideally, I'd like Apple to add FM radio to the previous gen iPod Shuffle. But we're past that, and I can't see the current iPod Shuffle being a good running companion with the controls on the ear bud cord. For me: Sansa Clip versus current iPod Shuffle = Sansa wins hands down. Sansa is easier to load (no iTunes required), Sansa has FM radio (and can record radio for time shifting, ala DVR). Sansa Clip versus previous gen iPod Shuffle = need both. iPod has better sound quality and user interface (aka buttons). Sansa has radio.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I have a 16gb ipod touch. it's big and bounces around with my pocket every stride but it's thin so it's not as bad as my 60gb classic was. I really should have a smaller one for running.

Right on Hereford...

I used to run with a 160 GB iPod on an armband. It held a ton of songs, but it was bulky. Now I use a 2 GB iPod Shuffle (MTA: like the pic below, NOT the newest version) and love it. It holds enough music that I can go a month or so of running everyday before I feel like changing the playlist.
                    I run with an Apple Ipod Mini that's modified with a 32GB flash drive, slick pack tape to cover the click wheel (moisture protection), and larger capacity battery. I've gotten a lot of use out of it and now that I have a WDTV I'm using it to store videos also. Apple needs an IPOD with wireless hdmi and a micro display port.

Vim

Sansa is easier to load (no iTunes required), .
                      Nice thing about Sansa is they are cheap and you get a display. You do not need iTunes to load an IPOD.

Vim

My dogs are fast, not me

I've got a 30g ipod for work. I don't run with it - it's too big. For running, I've got a 4g Sansa clip. I love it. It's so tiny and holds my running playlists.

Robin

I got the 30gb iPod three-ish years ago... It works pretty well... I don't care for running with it-I have an armband, but its so much easier to carry. The armband is irritating on occasion. 30gb is a lot, and I really don't need that much music... It's just nice to have the space in case I ever need that much...

Hoodoo Guru

I have a 1G generic clip player that I bought for $10 at Toys R Us at Xmas time. Love the clip!

The tangents are moot.

wyerock

I was surprised at how well the Tuneband worked for my iPhone. They're cheap enough that I was willing to try it. It gets a lot of great reviews from people that have tried the Belkin ones and hated them. http://www.amazon.com/Tuneband-Grantwood-Technologys-Silicone-Protector/dp/B001QVJSBO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1240030904&sr=8-5 Another advantage to using the iPhone (or a new Nano) over my old shuffle is the clicker on the headphones. I can use it to pause or skip to the next song on the fly. With my shuffle, I had to reach into my pocket or try to pull it out by the cord hoping it wouldn't come off and drop.