Do you count your wu and cd time in your runs? (Read 760 times)

Double IPA Please!

I usually do not, but will figure them in my total run time..if that makes any sense. Example today I was scheduled to run5 miles. I did a 1 mile warm-up which I did not count toward my 5..then I started my 5 mile count and then did a additional .50 mile cool down. So total run distance 6.5 miles.. Am I just nuerotic? Tongue Anywhoo- knees have been okay. PT showed me how to tape this past Friday and they pop off (tape) about 1.5 miles in. I am a profuse sweater so I am curious to know if taping will not work because of this. The adhesive is supposed to be very powerful and was warned to be careful with it due to its amazing adhering ability, but obviously not good competition with my sweaty knees. Undecided

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

I count every step towards my runs.

Hawt and sexy

Yeah, I do not do warm up and cool down periods while I am in base phase, since it is all slow anyway (Why warm up for an easy day since it should all be easy anyway?). If doing a tempo run or intervals in peak phase, I count all miles I actually ran that day, including the run to the track or trail and back home, which is as close as I get to a warm up or cool down.

I'm touching your pants.

A Saucy Wench

I always count them to my total mileage. Unless I am doing speedwork I dont really have a wu/cd anyway

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Half Fanatic #846

Since my warm ups (and cool downs) involve starting (and ending) my run with progressively faster (or slower) walking, I don't count them in my running mileage. These are only a half-mile or so each of mostly walking and maybe a little bit of running. If I was running a mile or more to wu/cd, then I would count that. Just me FWIW Smile

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

SMART Approach

Count the miles.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

I count all time on feet. Walking, running, hiking, mountaineering...
                  Absolutely. Try alcohol or peroxide to wipe off where the tape is going, let it dry on its own, and see if that helps. Just a thought. I never have problems because the adhesive just sticks to the hair. (Ouch ouch ouch)
                    I warm up by walking fast (which I don't count), but I count anything that resembles running/jogging thereafter.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Lazy idiot

I count almost everything I do that's involved in my running (warmup/cooldown, even purposeful walks with my wife). It's my log, I do what I want. I'm not near the leaders in any of my pace groups, so nobody cares (not that it would bother me in the least).

Tick tock