How tough is the US W5000 field? (Read 309 times)

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

I don't usually watch the interviews, but I enjoyed this flotrack interview with Jenny B (Simpson).

She describes the 15 (1500) field as really competitive, and clearly her message is that she might try for 5000 or steeple, if she decides she has a better shot at the team there.

Does anyone know how competitive is the US women's steeple field for this summer?

What about the (US women's) 5000 field?

The fact that she is reigning world champion in the 15 makes it more interesting.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

MrH

Uceny was rated higher than Simpson going into the WC final. Then there's Rowbury, Pierce, Wurth-Thomas, and Donohue who are all strong. and maybe Sarah Hall. I would think Simpson would be favored over the last four but nothing is guaranteed. At 5k, with Goucher and Flanagan in the marathon, maybe she thinks making the top three is a safe bet. Fleshman, Huddle and then who? Jen Rhines? Hall? In the steeple, Pierce and Simpson are the leaders. Then there's maybe Hall and Aguilera. So steeple might the weakest of the events, especially if Pierce doesn't run it.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

Thanks!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.