Fun Race Swag and Awards (Read 89 times)

an amazing likeness

Maple syrup for AG placing with different grades of syrup for 3-2-1 place:

And, of course, pie...pie is the best:

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Milktruck's photos reminded me of this one of me accepting a loaf of bread won by a random drawing after a half. I think this photo is very funny, I look so ridiculously happy just to win the loaf! 

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
      Get up, get out, get out of the door!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I knew there was another award I was thinking of. A new 5 mile race was scheduled in my area for fall 2019. The OA and AG awards were going to be a running assessment through the running clinic at a very well known hospital. I guess people didn't register because the race was rescheduled to April 2020 and never happened. I think they mentioned those assessments were valued at at least $200.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

That would be a fantastic prize!

I knew there was another award I was thinking of. A new 5 mile race was scheduled in my area for fall 2019. The OA and AG awards were going to be a running assessment through the running clinic at a very well known hospital. I guess people didn't register because the race was rescheduled to April 2020 and never happened. I think they mentioned those assessments were valued at at least $200.

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
          5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

As far as very different awards, I did a 5k that gave the top 3 men gift cards to the sponsoring gun range. Top 3 women got Athleta gift cards (kinda sexist).

I got a ton of Sephora swag from a 5k that was held at their warehouse in the middle of freaking no where.

Sexist too, if men weren't given the Sephora swag (though I don't know what I would do with it - I'm not a big makeup user).

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sexist too, if men weren't given the Sephora swag (though I don't know what I would do with it - I'm not a big makeup user).

Everyone got the Sephora swag, that was different from the gun race. There was some sort of facial scrubber that they gave out that could be used by anyone as well as sample size shampoos & conditioners. That race also gave a universally approved prize: cash. Apparently the fast local runners did not know about this race, because a 26 min 5k usually does not get you 2nd OA and $100.

Marky_Mark_17

There was a race here in NZ where the founder used to hand make the trophies from pink quartz. He’d sneak up to a spot in the hills on someone’s property and just hack off a few chunks each year. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago but the race has carried on… although the trophies are not nearly as cool these days.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

• There's a trail run near me that one year instead of shirts handed out nice fleece blankets.  For someone with plenty of race shirts, the blanket is nice.
                  • Another series of trail runs gives the winner free entry to an upcoming race (2nd and 3rd get 75% and 50% off respectively) so if you keep winning, you can race the whole series on one registration.
                  • The NY marathon fleece-lined wind breaker poncho is nice for keeping warm before a race, especially if you can hand it off to a family member at the last moment.
                  • Around here we have a "Run the Vineyards" series that takes place at local wineries where every finisher gets a glass that includes one free fill of wine.  AG winners get a whole bottle.
                  • Our local New Year's Day 5k gives out cotton hoodies.  Only problem is I race it every year and now I have too many, though it's always nice wearing the new one - nice and soft before it's first trip through the laundry.
                  5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12