Hurricane Edouard.... (Read 761 times)

AroundTheHorn

is going to screw up my running streak! Shall I throw caution to the wind (literally) and tough it out?
    Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.

Non ducor, duco.

is going to screw up my running streak! Shall I throw caution to the wind (literally) and tough it out?
      I feel your pain. Can you run around in your house?
      mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Can you run during the eye of the storm?
        JakeKnight

Dude. It's named "Edouard." Edouard. Seriously? You're going to let "Edouard" keep you inside? Go run. Take pictures. You gotta die sometime.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

xor

Can you run during the eye of the storm?
            I dunno if this was a joke response or not, but it forces the Former Red Cross guy in me to come out. No, please, don't do this. The last thing you want is to be not-quite-back-yet when the eyewall hits again.

De-slacking in progress

Edouard in the Gulf, headed west James Wilson, Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel 4:56 p.m. ET 8/4/2008 In the northern Gulf of Mexico, Tropical Storm Edouard (45 mph) the fifth named storm of the Atlantic Hurricane Season continues to move west at 7 mph toward the Upper Texas Coast and southwest Louisiana. The official forecast keeps Edouard as a strong Tropical Storm and close to hurricane strength as it moves toward the Upper Texas Coast making landfall by late morning into early afternoon Tuesday. There is a small chance it could reach minimal hurricane intensity before making landfall. I don't think it has an "eye"- it's a tropical storm. How cool would it be to say I ran even during the storm !- can u find some large buildings to run behind?

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

ymmv

if you do, i'll bet you'll see some windsurfers out there, too!
                mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I dunno if this was a joke response or not, but it forces the Former Red Cross guy in me to come out. No, please, don't do this. The last thing you want is to be not-quite-back-yet when the eyewall hits again.
                  I wasn't really trying to make a joke, but you're right, there is a risk. Having been through a few in both New England and Florida, that's about the only time you get to get out and refasten stuff that might have come loose. You get an indication that the wind is picking up again but it does go rather fast. I'll retract my suggestion - run indoors.

Non ducor, duco.

This storm sucks so far. I ran this morning hoping to have some action but only got rain and wind. Weather newscasts sucks the most. Who made up the term "Super Microcast? If I hear one more report about power outages from old guys in trucks, Im gonna puke.
                    AroundTheHorn

Worst. Storm. Ever. Running is a peace of cake. Oh well.
                      Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
                      mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Have they done the bit where they put the most junior staff member in the weather office out in the middle of the storm just to show you how strong the wind is? Poor guy (or girl, sometimes) can barely keep his feet, wearing that ridiculous Gloucester fisherman outfit, standing there trying to hold onto the microphone and shouting so you can hear him. Like you can't look out a window and see the trees blowing... Sheesh.

Non ducor, duco.

They did a phonie (interview) with a guy that left me crying with tears of laughter. Now, im not a tv news professional but chances are good that an older guy who owns a mobile home park and is named Bat, may not understand sound bites. He went on and on about how the forecasters said it would blow in before noon and it came "a earlier". Hilarious stuff.
                            I would have preferred the use of Eduardo over Edouard.

Vim

Dude. It's named "Edouard." Edouard. Seriously? You're going to let "Edouard" keep you inside? Go run. Take pictures. You gotta die sometime.
                              That completely cracked me up. My sister lives in Houston and sent me pictures of her dog trying to swim across their backyard in the downpour. She was like, "Who freakin' names a storm Edouard? Did they run out of strong, manly names at the Hurricane Naming Center? Even something like Barney would have been better!"
                              "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong
                              xor

Did they run out of strong, manly names at the Hurricane Naming Center?
                                But... for dozens of years, they were named after women only. Man names only entered the scene in the 1980s. Heck, one of the nastiest storms of recent memory was Hurricane Hugo. Hugo? At least Edouard is just a fancy schmancy Edward. Hugo will always be Hugo. It does not bring to mind "a force to be reckoned with". Think of it as Hurricane Eddie. Like Eddie Vedder. Or Eddie Munster. Or Eddie Van Halen. Similar to Ted Nugent's Ten Fingers of Doom. Maybe Hurricane Eddie Van Halen will sound meaner. I'm waiting for Hurricane Dick.