NBC covering US Olympic Trials Sat 3-5 ET Jan 14th (Read 855 times)

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Per the press release

"NBC will broadcast two hours of same-day coverage from 3:00-5:00pm ET. The comprehensive coverage will be the first time that both men’s and women’s Olympic Trials have been televised on the same day."

I guess 'comprehensive' is a loose term for a program scheduled for 2 hours. I'm not sure Ryan Hall can go under 2 hours-yet

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Roll eyes

But I look forward to the two hours they choose to grant us.  Thanks for the heads up!

vegefrog

Thanks for letting us know! I am running a half that morning, but will be home in time to lounge on the couch and watch those awesome runners Smile

My Opa runs in Little Rock, AR and is friends with a local running store owner and the coach of Leah Thorvilson. He keeps talking about her so I'll keep an eye out for her Smile

Awesome! Thanks for info.  4 of the folks from Dayton I know, and Dan Browne was my classmate at WP.  Looking forward to watching!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

This will be exciting, thanks for sharing!  Looking forward to seeing how Rupp does in his first marathon.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

Future Goals: 5:30 mile • 19:30 5k • 33:30 8k • 42:00 10k • 1:15:00 10-mile • 1:40:00 half-marathon • 1000 miles

A Saucy Wench

Thanks!  I'll probably DVR to watch later, but it is nice to see it broadcast on a regular network and not on channel 687 only carried in 3 states

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Look for me!  I'll mug for the camera.

I know bhearn and hermosaboy will also be there.  Not sure who else.

BeeRunB

Thanks for the heads up. I guess they'll cut out the unexciting parts (I hope they leave the water stops in---they can get interesting).

Cool

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

I am one of those not so happy with NBC.  They are not going to be streaming it online live and you will only be able to see about 25 to 30 min of each race considering they are covering both men's and women's, back stories, and commercials in two hours.  I wish we could just watch it live.  Many have suggested that NBC stream it like they do other major marathons which they have done for free or even charge a fee.  I have a friend running in the trials and it will be disappointing not being able to see much of his race and both races in general.

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

See this.

This will be exciting, thanks for sharing!  Looking forward to seeing how Rupp does in his first marathon.

Sorry, man.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus