Running a race with a buddy - etiquette question (Read 165 times)

kcam

#2.  If I pay for a race then I race.   I've run some of our club races with slower runners (and faster runners have run at my pace with me) and I've never perceived that kind of 'frustration'.  Don't really understand that mindset.  Runners are generally appreciative of having someone to run with.  Assumes you're not 'encouraging' them during the race, that can be very annoying.  Just run.

delicate flower

"Racing with a buddy" = drive to the race together, hang out together, maybe warm up together, stand at the starting line together, go out to eat after the race together.  The race itself is every (wo)man for themselves.  And actually, if you are racing with a friend, he/she is now your #1 competition.

<3

Prince of Fatness

"Racing with a buddy" = drive to the race together, hang out together, maybe warm up together, stand at the starting line together, go out to eat after the race together.  The race itself is every (wo)man for themselves.  And actually, if you are racing with a friend, he/she is now your #1 competition.

All of this.

Not at it at all.