Back from injury! (Read 469 times)

Giant Flaming Dork

I got to clearance to take my first run outside of the PT's office today! Yes It was on the dreadmill No It felt great! Yes Two miles felt like a long way No My bars are no longer fat! Yes I accumulated some fat No I felt like I got a workout! Yes It was easily 1:00mm off my previous "easy" pace No I'm discovering that the body does, in fact heal. However coming back from an injury seems to be more of a process than a final destination...

http://xkcd.com/621/

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Yippee!!!! Congratulations. It is a process but at least you've taken that first step. Enjoy every moment and try not to worry about your speed - you WILL get back to where you were before the injury, likely faster than you realize. Good luck, go slow and good luck!
      ~ Fly ~
      Only as much as I dream can I be.
      veggies on the run
        A process that is worth it........Like everything else, we all tent to want to get back full blast too fast....so my advice is same as Maplefly....take is slow and easy.....ease into it ... and youll be back up to your normal mileage in no time....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck! I'm finding the same thing - it's a slow process. It's so frustrating to realize that I COULD run over 11 miles, and now I'm back to 6. I'm still supposed to be careful about running two days in a row, so it's hard to get my weekly mileage back where I want it. But I know the patience is worth it, and I WILL be back to where I was!

Best Present Ever

I'm with you on just returning from an injury. It IS frustrating ... I made a point of not looking at my watch so that I couldn't even guess at my pace.
              Congrats on getting back out there!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group