2011 Goal of Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 8006 times)

Are we there yet?

C'mon folks!! We need to fill this gap of MAY to OCT.. are you Mary's just running one marathon this year? Clown

We can't let Clive go on vacation here..

Feeling the growl again

C'mon folks!! We need to fill this gap of MAY to OCT.. are you Mary's just running one marathon this year? Clown

Get C-R to run the July one in Indy.  I can be onhand to perform CPR and dump ice on him.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Are we there yet?

Grandma's, San Fran, Anchorage Alaska??

I Ain't Dead Yet!

Hey, I'm new here.  I've already completed a few sub-3:00s, but can I join in anyway?  I like to chat with others at the sub-3:00 level about workouts and trade ideas.  Racing in Dallas on Sunday, but unsure if I'll go for a PR or just try to keep the sub-3:00 streak alive. 

My hair is gone and I'm almost blind
          The days of my youth are far behind
          My neck is stiff, I can't turn my head
          Can't hear one-half that's being said
          And this is the message I want you to get
          I'm still a-kicking, and I ain't dead yet.

DoppleBock

Hey, I'm new here.  I've already completed a few sub-3:00s, but can I join in anyway?  I like to chat with others at the sub-3:00 level about workouts and trade ideas.  Racing in Dallas on Sunday, but unsure if I'll go for a PR or just try to keep the sub-3:00 streak alive. 

Welcome - To me this is a sub 3:00 group - Weather your goal is 2:59 or 2:29 its all sub 3 to me

There will be some May-Aug marathons - Some of us have to see how some things shake out.  I could see doing Grandmas or Dances with Dirt trail marathon (July) in devils lake - But may opt for the 50 miler instead.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I Ain't Dead Yet!

Welcome - To me this is a sub 3:00 group - Weather your goal is 2:59 or 2:29 its all sub 3 to me

There will be some May-Aug marathons - Some of us have to see how some things shake out.  I could see doing Grandmas or Dances with Dirt trail marathon (July) in devils lake - But may opt for the 50 miler instead.

Thanks man.  I'm cutting back my marathon schedule in 2011. As of Sunday I'll have run 10 marathons in 2010, but in the interest of marital harmony I'll cut back in 2011.  My goal race for fall 2011 is probably going to be NYC.

Grandma's is a nice course for a PR.  I paced there this year, but remember thinking that the course is relatively flat and fast.

The shirtless wonder

Thanks man.  I'm cutting back my marathon schedule in 2011. As of Sunday I'll have run 10 marathons in 2010, but in the interest of marital harmony I'll cut back in 2011.  My goal race for fall 2011 is probably going to be NYC.

9 marathons is admirable. 

DoppleBock

Grandma's is a nice course for a PR.  I paced there this year, but remember thinking that the course is relatively flat and fast.

I have been there 3 times - It has been hot every time

Also my butt hurts from having the hotels rape me

It is a very nice course and a lot of fun Saturday post race - If it works out - I would sleep in the back of my Envoy - On Friday night and pass out in it on Saturday night - Only downer is it is Father's day weekend.

DoppleBock

ps - most of us are log stalkers around here, so if you use the RA training log - It would be fun to be able to log stalk you also!

We can't let Clive go on vacation here..

Yup...

Timing of NYC plus the heat makes it hard to run anything close to me that I can be properly trained for.

I Ain't Dead Yet!

Cool, I'll start out the New Year by tracking my workouts on RA.  Closing out a 4,000 mile year this year, but next year will be less miles with more focus on shorter races.  I really need to improve my relatively weak 10K time and should be able to get my half marathon time down to 1:20-1:21 if I race one that isn't just part of a marathon training cycle. 

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all.

Thoughts on what a 1:22:00 half could translate into?  (assuming some sort of decent training)

As of Sunday I'll have run 10 marathons in 2010, but in the interest of marital harmony I'll cut back in 2011.  

Thinking about racing 10 makes my legs hurt.   There's no way I could carve out enough time to race 10 and maintain the peace at home. 

I Ain't Dead Yet!

Thoughts on what a 1:22:00 half could translate into?  (assuming some sort of decent training)

Well, according to that McMillan pace predictor thingy is says I should be able to run a 2:51:XX marathon.  Still searching for that one, but I did set my PR in Chicago's heat this year so I suppose with the right weather it is possible.  I'm in MN and am pretty much a wuss when it comes to running in the heat.

I Ain't Dead Yet!

Thinking about racing 10 makes my legs hurt.   There's no way I could carve out enough time to race 10 and maintain the peace at home. 

Well to be perfectly clear I paced at 5 and raced 5 so it wasn't that bad.  Maintaining the peace at home was another matter, thus the drop in race schedule for next year.