perfume question (Read 207 times)

Gstrobe188

Why do some ladies insist on wearing a ton of perfume when running in a race. I was behind a lady for about a mile this morning stuck in her wake and almost got perfume nausea. Don't get me wrong I like the smell of some perfumes just not so much that it would smother an elephant.

5k 22:22, Quarter Marathon 52:45, Mini Duathlon 1:00:14

Jess runs for bacon

Why do some ladies insist on wearing a ton of perfume when running in a race. I was behind a lady for about a mile this morning stuck in her wake and almost got perfume nausea. Don't get me wrong I like the smell of some perfumes just not so much that it would smother an elephant.

Dudes do the same. Just saying.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

+1

steph  

I usually use heavy cologne when I haven't showered all week and ran 40miles + Never know when you will meet that special someone right ?

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

Arimathea

Tessa

It's possible also that the smell is from some other substance -- sunscreen, deodorant, shampoo, shower gel. A lot of those products are pungent.

keeponrunning

I usually use heavy cologne when I haven't showered all week and ran 40miles + Never know when you will meet that special someone right ?

You better hope that special someone doesn't have a perfume allergy.

As someone allergic to perfume, I can state that both sexes are bad for wearing too much!  Then again, even a little bothers me, but still...

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

+2

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If you were caught in her aroma wake, why not just pass her?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

If you were caught in her aroma wake, why not just pass her?

Nausea.  Shortness of breath.  Chemical warfare, the new weapon in racing.

Not dead. Yet.

That grosses me out.  Racing is about being out in it.  We need that fresh air to keep moving.  I can't imagine how it would feel to get a big whiff of perfume when I am turning on the heat in a 5k.  It would hurt and stink and probably make me puke and ruin my race.

You can wear pretty pink clothes if you want, but please leave the perfume at home.  There's a time and place for everything.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

You can wear pretty pink clothes if you want, but please leave the perfume at home.  

Roll eyes

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

That grosses me out.  Racing is about being out in it.  We need that fresh air to keep moving.  I can't imagine how it would feel to get a big whiff of perfume men's cologne when I am turning on the heat in a 5k.  It would hurt and stink and probably make me puke and ruin my race.

You can wear pretty pink clothes if you want, but please leave the perfume men's cologne at home.  There's a time and place for everything.

FFY

steph  

Some dudes even seem to apply more cologne before track workouts, which I don't get.

Runners run

Walk-Jogger

You better hope that special someone doesn't have a perfume allergy.

As someone allergic to perfume, I can state that both sexes are bad for wearing too much!  Then again, even a little bothers me, but still...

+1

Retired &  Loving It

Walk-Jogger

Some dudes even seem to apply more cologne before track workouts, which I don't get.

Maybe they're trying to choke the runners behind them with the nasty smell?

Retired &  Loving It