Summer water idea. (Read 686 times)

I have a handheld water bottle (in addition to my waist belt) for shorter runs. It's 22oz and has a grip thingy and a velro pocket to hold a key. Love it. The problem was that my water -- even cold -- was getting REALLY warm REALLY quickly from (1) the hot weather, and (2) my body heat. So: I now freeze it before I run -- completely. When the whole thing is a block of ice, it stays cold throughout the run and feels like it "lasts longer". It doesn't take long to thaw, either (especially in this heat. Dead ) Hope this helps someone
    2009: BQ?

Princess Cancer Pants

I was just talking to someone recently who does this...I was like "duh, why didn't I think of that!?" Smile k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Member Since 2008

Tricia, Thanks for switching your avatar. The last one was freaking me out.
        mbk

I think that's a great idea, but I can't do it with my handheld bottle (only my bottle pack). It gets too cold for my hand and is too uncomfortable. I tried it once with just iced gatorade and had to switch hands constantly. I don't know how you can handle the frozen bottle!
            Tricia, Thanks for switching your avatar. The last one was freaking me out.
            Haha, you're welcome!
            2009: BQ?