Running Watch-- I am New Forum member. (Read 164 times)

ChafingmyDreams

I have lost my watch! It was a Garmin Vivo Active...couple of years old. It was a gift from Wife...bad news! Now I want to upgrade a little bit. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I don't need to check my email or texts, but need SPOTIFY interface. Basics... distance and timing, heart rate is not vital, but could be handy. I don't want to go over $300. Any recs?? Cheers

very happy with my Polar M435

55-59 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think the Vivoactive 4 Music supports Spotify.

an amazing likeness

$300 gives you lotsof options. I think there are a lot good things about the Garmin ecosystem -- so that's where I'd head. Check out the recommendations page at DC Rainmaker -- a long time GPS watch reviewer -- for some ideas.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

gpageau

I've been very happy with the Nike version of the Apple Watch. I know running purists probably turn their nose up at it but it works well for me.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've been very happy with the Nike version of the Apple Watch. I know running purists probably turn their nose up at it but it works well for me.

Really the only day I don't love the Apple Watch is on race days. That's when actual buttons work better. But races...what are those...?

'21 Goals:

No published goals...not going to jinx things • $500

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CarlesB

I have the Polar Vantage M. Really nice to begin

CanadianMeg

Kicking Asphalt for 2021

I have a Garmin Forerunner 45.

I would recommend narrowing it down to a few options, then go read reviews on www.dcrainmaker.com because he gives you very indepth real information. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

jamesmary1987

link spam
                    CalBears

I need some cool fitness best watches under 5k, I want a complete stock for selling later so do suggest me some

Oh, that's easy - choose the best and most expensive GPS watch available - it still will be way below 5K - and as I think the most expensive watch I am aware of is Garmin Enduro GPS - buy that one and donate the rest of the money to the charity of your choice. 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:55  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Doesn't the Apple watch require you to take a bulky cellphone along on your runs? Maybe I haven't checked specs in a while.

55-59 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Doesn't the Apple watch require you to take a bulky cellphone along on your runs? Maybe I haven't checked specs in a while.

The first couple versions didn’t have internal GPS and relied on the phone’s GPS. I think that may have changed with the 3rd version. My 4 definitely doesn’t require the phone for GPS.

'21 Goals:

No published goals...not going to jinx things • $500

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

paulag

I've bought the polar 430. It has good reviews and it does what it has to do. I'm very pleased with it. though the VO2-max is rubbish, the test fails constantly and it gives me a score of 71. Not that I'm a modest guy but that's impossible for a mere mortal I think.

CalBears

If you want Spotify (or Amazon Music) and your budget is under $300, your only choices are either Garmin 245 Music or Garmin Vivoactive 4. That's it.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:55  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Luciplay

If you want Spotify (or Amazon Music) and your budget is under $300, your only choices are either Garmin 245 Music or Garmin Vivoactive 4. That's it.

Garming 245! I've had them for a long while and they are worth it.