Running Watch-- I am New Forum member. (Read 165 times)

ChafingmyDreams

I have lost my watch! It was a Garmin Vivo Active...couple of years old. It was a gift from Wife...bad news! Now I want to upgrade a little bit. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I don't need to check my email or texts, but need SPOTIFY interface. Basics... distance and timing, heart rate is not vital, but could be handy. I don't want to go over $300. Any recs?? Cheers

very happy with my Polar M435

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think the Vivoactive 4 Music supports Spotify.

an amazing likeness

$300 gives you lotsof options. I think there are a lot good things about the Garmin ecosystem -- so that's where I'd head. Check out the recommendations page at DC Rainmaker -- a long time GPS watch reviewer -- for some ideas.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

gpageau

I've been very happy with the Nike version of the Apple Watch. I know running purists probably turn their nose up at it but it works well for me.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've been very happy with the Nike version of the Apple Watch. I know running purists probably turn their nose up at it but it works well for me.

Really the only day I don't love the Apple Watch is on race days. That's when actual buttons work better. But races...what are those...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CarlesB

I have the Polar Vantage M. Really nice to begin

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I have a Garmin Forerunner 45.

I would recommend narrowing it down to a few options, then go read reviews on www.dcrainmaker.com because he gives you very indepth real information. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

jamesmary1987

link spam
                    CalBears

I need some cool fitness best watches under 5k, I want a complete stock for selling later so do suggest me some

Oh, that's easy - choose the best and most expensive GPS watch available - it still will be way below 5K - and as I think the most expensive watch I am aware of is Garmin Enduro GPS - buy that one and donate the rest of the money to the charity of your choice. 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Doesn't the Apple watch require you to take a bulky cellphone along on your runs? Maybe I haven't checked specs in a while.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Doesn't the Apple watch require you to take a bulky cellphone along on your runs? Maybe I haven't checked specs in a while.

The first couple versions didn’t have internal GPS and relied on the phone’s GPS. I think that may have changed with the 3rd version. My 4 definitely doesn’t require the phone for GPS.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

paulag

I've bought the polar 430. It has good reviews and it does what it has to do. I'm very pleased with it. though the VO2-max is rubbish, the test fails constantly and it gives me a score of 71. Not that I'm a modest guy but that's impossible for a mere mortal I think.

CalBears

If you want Spotify (or Amazon Music) and your budget is under $300, your only choices are either Garmin 245 Music or Garmin Vivoactive 4. That's it.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Luciplay

If you want Spotify (or Amazon Music) and your budget is under $300, your only choices are either Garmin 245 Music or Garmin Vivoactive 4. That's it.

Garming 245! I've had them for a long while and they are worth it.