Show all my runs on a single map (Read 199 times)

xhristopher

Having to pass my data through another service is a bit of a pain, but the OCD in me loves Citystrides...of course, now I feel like I have to complete my town. Unfortunately, Citystrides has shown me that my town has a ton of cul-de-sacs, which are no fun to run in and out of...

I've discovered the cul-de-sacs to be interesting. Some people take them over like private property. I consider it the only time in my life I may visit them.

Citystrides pulls from an open database of more than just streets. To complete some parks one needs to bushwhack.

It also tells me I need to run the entire length of commuter rail track that goes through my town. Many of us who have been following this forum for a few years already know what a train wreck doing something like that can be!

mikeymike

I feel like I run my whole town regularly yet citystrides says I've only run 17% of it.

Runners run

TomG

I've discovered the cul-de-sacs to be interesting. Some people take them over like private property. I consider it the only time in my life I may visit them.

Citystrides pulls from an open database of more than just streets. To complete some parks one needs to bushwhack.

It also tells me I need to run the entire length of commuter rail track that goes through my town. Many of us who have been following this forum for a few years already know what a train wreck doing something like that can be!

TomG

there's a way on the site to flag things like that as "non streets" and for them to be deleted.  not sure if it works though.

xhristopher

I feel like I run my whole town regularly yet citystrides says I've only run 17% of it.

The confusing thing is that it's the percent of streets, not the percent of miles. A street 200 feet long has the same value as a 2 mile long street.

I've been able to bump my percent of Melrose about 1% per mile. So, at 61% of Melrose I'm probably 90% finished.

xhristopher

there's a way on the site to flag things like that as "non streets" and for them to be deleted.  not sure if it works though.

Just flagged it and noticed that you can also mark things as complete. This is handy to avoid unnecessary bushwacking to every corner of a park just to say you've run the park. I suppose if they don't clear flagged areas you could just mark it complete and forget about it.

TomG

Had to use that "mark as complete" feature a few times for some dead end roads where the last waypoint was past the end of the street in someone's backyard.