Road ID (Read 987 times)

va

I ordered a name/info tag and some running lights for a Christmas gift from Road ID. In return, they sent me a coupon code that can be used 20 times. It's worth $1. Nothing to get too excited about, but if you were thinking of it any way... Also, there is still time to receive before Christmas if you order by the 18th... Coupon Number: ThanksStephen334082

I'm a huge fan of Road ID (I've bought 4 of them over the past few years) - you can also use promo code PCHoliday187 between now and the 18th to get 10% off: http://news.runtowin.com/2007/11/20/road-id-offers-holiday-savings-early-this-year.html If you are interested, here's a little insight about why I am paranoid about getting hit by a car (again): http://www.runtowin.com/tips/avoid-getting-hit-by-cars.html That tip is part of my email newsletter, so if you belong to that then you'll get it emailed to you a week or two after joining. I'm not really sold on their new "interactive" version, though. I am not really comfortable with the idea that somebody has to find a computer or call a number to get my information. I think I'll just spend the couple of dollars for a new one when my info changes, especially since the important info such as my name and blood type aren't likely to change much in the near future.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Marathonmanleto

I couldn't agree more about having ID at all times. In fact, I just purchased Road ID bracelets for my two boys as Christmas gifts. Although they both run and can use the ID it's just as important that they have ID on them for walks home from school.
          I couldn't agree more about having ID at all times. In fact, I just purchased Road ID bracelets for my two boys as Christmas gifts. Although they both run and can use the ID it's just as important that they have ID on them for thier walks home from school.
          I have one for running. I never even thought of getting the kids each one. I like that idea, thanks for sharing that Joe. Smile In fact...I think I'll look into this coupon, thanks Stephen.

Michelle

Another Passion

If I had to guess, I think my wife is getting (or gotten) me one for Christmas. Seeing as how I have almost been hit by cars about 3 times in the past week, probably not a bad idea. Although, I generally carry my license and a couple of contact phone numbers when I run now, in the summer, when I don't wear shorts with pockets, the Road ID would be very handy. Joe, awesome idea for the kids. Thanks for the post Stephen.

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I have one --- the velcro one that straps to your laces. I love knowing that if - God forbid - something happens, the appropriate people will be able to call my husband or my dad. $20 for piece of mind is WELL worth it, IMO!
              2009: BQ?
                I agree they are really useful, I got one for xmas last year and I never run or ride my bike without it. I got the neck chain style, but didn't really like the way it felt around my neck. I added a whistle for safety and my house key to the chain. Now whenever I want to run I just grab the whole thing and put it in a pocket.
                  sorry, over-eager... double clicked the post button Smile

Imminent Catastrophe

I got the one for shoelaces but kept forgetting to change it when I switched shoes, then discovered it fits perfectly on a "LiveStrong" bracelet. (I suppose it would fit the HTFU bracelet just as well) Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Another Passion

Perfesser... I just have to say I BURST out laughing when I saw the "Soup Nazi" avatar! Big grin Very funny! I'm glad you can make light of the BQ, but hope you reach that goal. Wink

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I used the coupon and bought one for my oldest son for when he runs. Thank you! Smile

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I wear a RoadID as well. I also usually carry a phone with me.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have one --- the velcro one that straps to your laces. I love knowing that if - God forbid - something happens, the appropriate people will be able to call my husband or my dad. $20 for piece of mind is WELL worth it, IMO!
                            I have this one, too...so nice to be able to switch between the different shoes in rotation so easily. I just found out that my brother and his GF don't have Road IDs, so I think I may try to get the gift cards for them for Christmas, though it may be a bit late now... Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I have this one, too...so nice to be able to switch between the different shoes in rotation so easily. I just found out that my brother and his GF don't have Road IDs, so I think I may try to get the gift cards for them for Christmas, though it may be a bit late now... Sad
                              I think you can order them by the 18th and have them in time with normal shipping...

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmm...we're going to be leaving on the 23rd, so I'd need them by the 22nd. I should find out if I can get them by then. Otherwise I wonder if they can e-mail the gift certificates...? I really feel more secure having mine--at the very least they can easily identify my corpse if I am ever so unlucky as to be taken out by an automobile. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay