Dogs! (and how we LOVE them) (Read 1177 times)

invisible

Uh, yeah. That'll convince her.
    It's not meant to convince anyone of anything. It's just a reminder to a young lady, that death goes with life.
    90 percent of the game is not giving up.

jfa

When you get a chance, post a picture, please. I might know a distant relative of your Buddy. I wanna see.
      here's Buddy ~The Running Machine

invisible

Take away the first /.
        90 percent of the game is not giving up.

jfa

Sorry bout the HUGE picture and double post... Blush

I have no children, so my dogs are my kids. They aren't just pets to me, they are part of the family. I still miss my original running partner, Josie, my American Eskimo who passed away almost two years ago at the age of 12 after a hard fought battle with liver cancer (we though she'd won there for a while after surgery and rehab). My 10 y.o. (also an "Eskie"), Laney, is a wonderful running buddy (seen on the right in my avatar pic). My baby (14 month old), Bailey (left in photo), will start running with me some pretty soon too. I've been slowly starting to work her up to it by taking her on longer walks recently. I'll start mixing in a little bit of running pretty soon, and go up from there. I'm not sure if I will be able to handle taking both dogs at the same time, though, especially while Bailey is "in training". They may have to take turns (and they aren't very good at sharing, just like any other "sisters"). Lorrie
            JakeKnight

Ha. Nothing at all like my non-running pal. This is Jake (the original) with one of his pug sisters. He's obviously part Bassett, but the rest is God alone knows what. Of the guesses we've heard from vets, Australian Shepherd is one of the most popular. He's a pound pup, so I suspect about a dozen different breeds. But when I look at your Buddy's face ... well, they might have some very distant relatives in common. .

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

jfa

when I look at your Buddy's face ... well, they might have some very distant relatives in common.
                Could be Jake ! I mispoke about Buddy's eliged ancestry. He's an Australian Sheepdog mixThey are also refered to as Aust. Kelpies.. I could see that in Jake Jr too! Cool

JakeKnight

Could be Jake ! I mispoke about Buddy's eliged ancestry. He's an Australian Sheepdog mixThey are also refered to as Aust. Kelpies.. I could see that in Jake Jr too! Cool
                  So we went "running" yesterday. 3.25 miles. 23 bushes peed on (I counted). 37+ minutes. The last 3/4 mile, ol' Jake decided running was stupid. Funny enough, he refused to run again - until we got within a quarter mile of home ... then he sprinted the whole way. Showing off for the chicks, I guess. Which is exactly what I do. What a ham. My pal is out of shape. And old and slow. Oh, well.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------