"What do you do the night before the race to get a good nights sleep." (Read 793 times)

Along for the Ride

Right, but there are for example all the different tribes all over the world that use potentially toxic plants to their advantage. They probably found out by trial and error - but that's all they use. A lot of things depend on the dose. Modified: I just thought that their mortality rates are probably overall not too hot ... ... I am now ending my participation in the discussion school medicine vs. homeopathy. Cool Need to shower and go to work (for my pharmaceutical company Evil grin)

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

What kind of freaks me out is the people who give their babies a teething aid that contains Belladonna...aka DEADLY Nightshade. Hello?! That's some potentially toxic stuff. We had a Nightshade plant growing next to our house as kids. My parents always stressed how dangerous the berries of that plant were. k
      I'm so glad I'm probably more paranoid about what I give my kids then myself! Some people just don't care to be informed I guess Sad

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

ZZ. You do know that belladonna is closely related to tomatoes and potatoes don't you...
        Yeah...and I'm closely related to bonobos and chimps (perhaps not as closely as GWB, heh), but it's all relative. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

Yeah...and I'm closely related to bonobos and chimps (perhaps not as closely as GWB, heh), but it's all relative. Wink k
          Now THAT is taking the discussion to a whole new level! Big grin

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm so glad I'm probably more paranoid about what I give my kids then myself! Some people just don't care to be informed I guess Sad
            Yeah, my folks always used a little blackberry brandy rubbed on our gums when we were teething. Dane never really had issues with teething (he'd pretty much wake up one morning with 6 new teeth...WTF?), but that's what we had planned to use if he'd had pain...that or a little Anbesol. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now THAT is taking the discussion to a whole new level! Big grin
              I'm good at that. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

trial and error
                Yep. And in fact, most meds out there were initially inspired by this sort of tribal wisdom. Airborn, on the other hand...well, it must be good cuz it was created by a teacher Roll eyes What drug company?

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm increasingly of the opinion that the term "homeopathic" is a big red warning flag. Maybe it's just me, but the more I learn about it, the more skeptical I get. Sounds to me like the whole theory is just nonsense. Here's an entry from Wikipedia:
                  Many homeopathic remedies are so highly diluted that no molecules of the original substance are likely to remain after dilution.[3][4] Homeopathy asserts that the remedy will retain a memory of the diluted substance and the therapeutic potency of a remedy can be increased by serial dilution combined with succussion, or vigorous shaking.
                  Puh-leeze! OK, it's wikipedia, but you can check the footnotes. I figure it's as effective as placebo, anyway.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016