heading outside to run finally.. (Read 568 times)

so I quit running for about a year and finally started up again, almost 4 weeks ago. My first 3 weeks I did completely on a treadmill. I think I was really running well because I was overzealous and actually hit 30.9 mpw..something I never did before. Anyways, my last 2 runs have totally sucked....I felt mentally unable to do them. Well I finally found a nice county park to try out tomorrow. I am a little nervous to run outside because a) I always have to go to the bathroom and its not like the gym where I can just go, and b) I am just nervous in general for some reason. I feel like I wont run that well because my last 2 runs have been god awful I almost wish I did not run 30 mpw last week because I am pretty sure I cant reach that goal again this week. I'm not really asking for advice or anything, just thinking outloud.
      You'll get used to it. I've run outside year round for the last eight years and can't imagine ever setting foot on a dreadmill again. Fresh air rules! Tom
      CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Were you running with an incline on the treadmill? If you did, you'll transition to running outside that much easier. (If you weren't, consider a 1% incline next time you hit a treadmill for your run.) I love running outside; the scenery can really be a distraction when I hit a tough part of the run and don't want to focus on how I'm feeling. Take it a run at a time; maybe don't do a really long run your first one outside if it helps. Good luck!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

xor

And take it slow.

Wow! I looked at your log. Looks like you had a great run today. Congrats!