Ick (Read 699 times)

Needs more cowbell!

Amazing how slow I run on 4 hours of sleep and when it's humid like a rainforest. Tongue k

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

I know exactly what you mean! Wish I didn't! Roll eyes

Roads were made for journeys...

Needs more cowbell!

Though I felt OK, surprisingly. Just tired, but not awful or anything. I've got an 80 minute run coming up on Weds., so I hope things are a bit less hot/humid then, but it doesn't look like it. I'm really looking forward to Fall running, now. k

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

We are under a heat advisory here. The powers that be are going hot and heavy about not running in this soup. What we used to call in Basic Training Red Flag Days

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Yeah, us here, too. It's hot and sticky at 7 am... Yuck.

Roads were made for journeys...

This morning when I got up (3:50 am) it was 72 and when I reached Indy at just after 5 AM it was 75 with humidity to match!! Rigth now at 10:43 pm it is STILL in the mid 80s and still with humity to match. Some times I feel as though I am back in Thailand!! Only then I was much younger (21) and better able to deal with it!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire