Motivation (Read 448 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

So I've been having trouble keeping motivated for the last month or so, and it's been really hard to get out and run, my runs have been unpleasant ordeals and I'm wondering why the heck I do this. Then my race bib (#435) for the Crater Lake Marathon arrived in the mail, and I remembered why I do this. Crater Lake! I'm so psyched, I would go out for a run right now...except that I've just had a big meal and a couple glasses of wine. Not a good idea Dead Anyway, it's amazing how one little thing can change your whole attitude.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Anyway, it's amazing how one little thing can change your whole attitude.
      I agree. This is why I normally don't worry when I hit a wall and lose interest for a while. It never fails that something comes along that pulls me right back into running, motivating me to train harder. Smile

Michelle

madness baby

Very true. I've had such little motivation lately, but I just started some new classes at the gym (spinning and yoga), and that has completely revived my interest in running for some strange reason. It seems unrelated, but then in the end going for a little run is so much simpler than hassling with the parking garage at the gym, dealing with west LA traffic, and gym class schedules. I can just go out for a run! And then my glass of wine is waiting at home. . . You're right that one little thing can change your whole attitude! Smile Isn't it nice?!
        deb