Can't add new pair of shoes. (Read 550 times)

I'm trying to enter a new pair of shoes in the "new equipment" area.  But after I complete all the info and hit save, I get an error message telling me to correct the info. highlighted in red.  The thing is, there's nothing highlighted in red to fix!  I think I have everything completed and just not sure why I can't enter my new shoes.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Issue has been resolved.  Turns out it was "operator error"!  It was a small detail, but when entering the price of my new shoes, I discovered that you get an error message if you put in the dollar sign.  Left it out and it saved immediately.

xor

Since a shoe thread was started, I will ask a question.  It isn't important, I'm not requesting a change, but I've always scratched my head about this.

I put in minimal info to track my shoes.  Brand, name, and I give them my own name.  But that's not quite enough.  For some reason, of all the fields I choose not to fill in, GENDER is required.  Is there something going on under the hood that uses this?  If all that other stuff isn't important (and it isn't to me either), why is male vs female a must?

Why is it sideways?

Since a shoe thread was started, I will ask a question.  It isn't important, I'm not requesting a change, but I've always scratched my head about this.

I put in minimal info to track my shoes.  Brand, name, and I give them my own name.  But that's not quite enough.  For some reason, of all the fields I choose not to fill in, GENDER is required.  Is there something going on under the hood that uses this?  If all that other stuff isn't important (and it isn't to me either), why is male vs female a must?

I have always wondered about this, too.

JimR

I wear high heels.

#artbydmcbride

I wear high heels.

I've seen your feet!  Blush  (well, photos.....)

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I wear high heels.

When running?  Are you a heelstriker?

eric :)

There's nothing under the hood that uses this, yet.  I try to design something that can be extended in the future.  The gender is required because shoes have a gender associated with them.  I figure it's easier to require it now than to add a feature in the future that needs it and then I will have to add extra code to handle the unknown gender.