The new log is ready (Read 1773 times)

eric :)

Season's greetings everyone! I am thrilled to tell you that the new log is complete. It was over a year in the making and I will be upgrading the site by the first weekend of the New Year. I need to wait until I have several consecutive days free of holiday obligations before I do the upgrade so that I can monitor the site and fix any problems that surface after the upgrade. The new log retained the same look and feel so you may not notice any difference with a casual glance. It contains a long list new features so allow me to highlight some of them. Improved activities support The new log supports an unlimited number of activities and workout types. It treats the activities that you create the same way as the built-in activities (run, bike, swim and weights). For example, you can assign an equipment for each activity, just as you would with shoes and running. Graphs and searches The graphing and searching tabs are now combined into a single tab named "Reports". From there, you can create graphs and searches just like the existing log. After you created them, you'll have the option to save these graphs and searches so you don't have to recreate them every time. You'll also be able to embed these graphs in your blogs and web sites. You can also now create reports to compare year to year mileage. Graphs will now use data (e.g. weight, heart rate, etc) from all activities. New summary page The summary page is completely redesigned. You will be able to customize the information on that page. You can display weekly/monthly stats for any activity, and not just your primary one. You can have multiple graphs by displaying any of your saved ones. And to end the contentious debate of displaying pace in the stats, you have the option to do that too. There are many more features so you'll have to discover them on your own. Happy holidays everyone! eric :-)

Prophet!

AWESOME! Nicely done Eric. You Da Man.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Now, where is that PayPal button? Big grin
          You can also customize the arrangement of your Summary Page. It's very slick. Yes
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

I can't wait! It will be like another Christmas present. Thanks, Eric! When I told a running friend that I'd made 1000 miles for the year, he just stared at me. I don't think he believed me at first! I told him it was due to this wonderful website, RunningAhead.com! There's no way I could have done it without the log and all of the encouragement I've gotten here. Smile
            Gig

Smile
              Dunottar

Ditto on the bonus present under the tree! ...really looking forward to it. It's been said many times in many ways, but bears echoing: Maintaining (and upgrading!) this site is surely a labor of love with its own unique rewards, but it's also a decidedly selfless pursuit....investing lots of personal time and hard work to provide thousands of people many hours of enjoyment (motivation,, reinforcement, community, etc.). Thank you, Eric...and have a great holiday!
                mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Thank you, Eric, THANK YOU!! This site, the forums, the logs, and reports, and everything else it has to offer has helped keep me running this time back, instead of quitting like I'd done many times before. We members here are a demanding, greedy, insistent bunch of runners and athletes, always looking for more, and somehow you manage to deliver, put up with us all, and consistenly deliver a high quality website - FREE!! (while still finding time to run a certain crazy race in Nashville). Here's to you, and again, THANK YOU!! (*off to find Paypal button and figure out my miles for the year*)
                    Nicely done, Eric! Thanks for all you do. I'll just keep pimping your site.
                    highonrunning

Awesome...just plain out awesome...

What do we need a new log for? What's wrong with the current model?
                        I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                        aybeerunning

Eric: You had mentioned that along with the new log, you planned to have an import tool to get the log from Runners World. I tried the import tool again and it doesn't seem to read the RW log file correctly. Will this program be available at a later date? Thanks, ab

Eric: You had mentioned that along with the new log, you planned to have an import tool to get the log from Runners World. I tried the import tool again and it doesn't seem to read the RW log file correctly. Will this program be available at a later date? Thanks, ab
                            aybeerunning, I haven't rolled out the new log yet. The new log does have an RW importer but it won't be available to you, at least not immediately. I want to monitor the import process myself for the first several logs before I will let the users do it themselves. What that means is I will import your log for you if you send your data to me. It might take a while before do it though because I'll be focusing on getting the new log ready during this time. Also, while working on the importer, I discovered a bug in the exporter code. As a result, the workouts do not have shoe information, which means the shoes won't have mileage on them. I doubt RW will fix this.

Thank you, Eric, THANK YOU!! This site, the forums, the logs, and reports, and everything else it has to offer has helped keep me running this time back, instead of quitting like I'd done many times before. We members here are a demanding, greedy, insistent bunch of runners and athletes, always looking for more, and somehow you manage to deliver, put up with us all, and consistenly deliver a high quality website - FREE!! (while still finding time to run a certain crazy race in Nashville). Here's to you, and again, THANK YOU!! (*off to find Paypal button and figure out my miles for the year*)
                              Thank you for being so patient with me. The log took a lot longer than anticipated to complete, but it's a worthwhile investment because I can add new pages faster than ever with the new log.

Imminent Catastrophe

Now, where is that PayPal button? Big grin
                                +1

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016