Garmin peeps, c'mere! (Read 900 times)

Dave

Think about putting lap pace on there. I love seeing what my pace will be for the current mile. The instantaneous pace is pretty much useless for me. Once I've gone an hour, I've stopped worrying about seconds Blush

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Think about putting lap pace on there. I love seeing what my pace will be for the current mile. The instantaneous pace is pretty much useless for me. Once I've gone an hour, I've stopped worrying about seconds Blush
      I'm the opposite - what my actual lap pace is going to be doesn't mean much to me while I'm running unless it is part of the workout. I like to know how I'm doing at that point in time so that I can adjust my effort accordingly. Realistically, though, I rarely actually use my pace for anything, its just there taking up real estate on my watch.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Dave

I'm not doing too many intervals so my pace is generally fairly consistent through the course of a mile. Having the lap pace just gives me a solid read on my pace for that mile and it gets more and more accurate as the mile progresses. It takes about 30 seconds to a minute to get a really reliable reading on my pace at the front end of a mile or interval. If I am running intervals, I manually start a new lap and within the first 30 seconds or so I have a good read on my interval pace as well. Like anything else YMMV.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

invisible

If I am running intervals, I manually start a new lap and within the first 30 seconds or so I have a good read on my interval pace as well. Like anything else YMMV.
          You really must take advantage of the Advanced Workouts feature. That, with a 'last lap pace and distance' readout, makes for a discriminating and motivating workout.
          90 percent of the game is not giving up.
            screen 1 (normal training): total time, lap pace, total distance screen 2 (interval training): lap time, lap pace, total distance screen 3 (racing): total time, lap pace, average pace, total distance