Deleted from User Groups? (Read 916 times)

Just a Technical FYI: Twice this month I have logged on, only to discover a User Group was not listed in my line up. When I search to get them back, it tells me to re-join the group. Thats not a big deal,...but as noted...I just wanted to mention it as an FYI /glitch.
    eric :)

Hi Jill! I can't believe I missed this post. Which groups were you dropped out of? I think it's more likely that you were kicked out of the group since that's the only way a group membership record could be removed from the database. eric :-)
        Hello...this is Jeanne/not Jill. I believe one of the groups was the Masters Running. Cannot recall the other. I am updating today, as it has happened again. I am not showing up as a listing/member for the 'Michiganers' user group. FYI I think I just found out why on this instance. Looks like it was changed to 'private' as it now asks for a password to re-join.
        eric :)

I should have looked at your avatar! Sorry about that. I still don't understand how you can leave a group without being kicked or leaving on your own. Is anyone else seeing tihs problem?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jeanne, I think Joni did a sweep of the Michiganders group not too long ago to remove inactive members--just to kind of keep closer tabs on who's coming and going for safety's sake. Come and rejoin us! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

But what defines 'inactive'? I am on the site every other day, with my log...but not very active with any posts. Perhaps, as zoom mentioned, this happened with the others. I can certainly understand the 'keeping tabs' bit. tks for the help....
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But what defines 'inactive'? I am on the site every other day, with my log...but not very active with any posts. Perhaps, as zoom mentioned, this happened with the others. I can certainly understand the 'keeping tabs' bit. tks for the help....
                I think Joni may have deleted anyone who didn't at least check into the group within maybe 2 weeks or a month, though it may have been to delete anyone who didn't post in that period, I can't recall.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay