Good Vibes Needed (Read 589 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

I am set for the Cross Timbers 50 Mile trail run tomorrow on single track trails on the shores of Lake Texoma... Weather foreast calls for squall lines to move through between midnight and 3 am, followed by severe thunderstorms with hail Confused Black eye Hopefully, most of the weather will have moved through by race start, but I'm sure there will be some very slick trails left behind, not to mention any damage the storms may cause. Oh, well...guess I'm not going for a PR tomorrow! I hope eveyone has a great weekend, I'll be running from 6:30 am CST until probably at least 5:30 pm, so if you think about it, send some good positive vibes tomorrow! Thanks, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Will do, friend, will do! I hope any damage is minimal and that your race goes well. Can't wait for your awesome report upon your return! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Shockedthat sounds like a lot of fun! Praying you are sure footed thru the muck and energized for the day! Good luck!

Jennifer mm#1231

Good luck, Enjoy and I'll definetly be thinking of ya and sending lots of good vibes to ya tomorrow!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Give 'er hell, Lynn!
              Good luck and waiting for your race report. I am so impressed with ultra runners. You'll have to share your training secrets once you recover. Have fun. Ewa
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Enjoy! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

My dogs are fast, not me

You're getting ready to start! Have a great run. Robin

Robin

Good luck, Lynn - can't wait to hear about your race

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

Thinking of your run, and knowing you'll do great! Can't wait to hear about it.
                      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

You'll ruin your knees!

OK, it's done...I finished, and I am thinking I have enough research to support my theory about racing without training...NOT a good idea! Anyway, this was one of the most challenging races I have ever done! 50 miles on very rugged trails...it took me 12 hours and 36 minutes (unofficial) to complete, finished in the dark (heck, started in the dark, for that matter). The weather systems were there, but they did not produce the rain/hail that was expected. But the WIND was the most severe I have ever seen. In the afternoon, I was constantly dodging falling tree branches or moving them off the trail... Oh well, in spite of many opportunities to do so, I stuck with it for the finish. I'll probably go back next year to extract my revenge! I did get to see and visit with RA's very own Ultrawalker...he looked strong all day, not sure how his day ended up...I didn't see him in the finish area (people were generally quite fast in crossing the finish line, gathering their finisher award and getting the heck outta Dodge to escape the wind. Hope everyone had a great weekend... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wind sucks! BIG kudos to you and Ultrawalker for completing that grueling event! I still can't even begin to fathom that time or distance...wowsers! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Good job hanging in there and finishing! Dodging trees and battling wind for 12 hours? that's makes my WOW Shocked list!

Jennifer mm#1231

WTG on finishing despite the weather! I can't even imagine running that far (one day in the future I will though!) Big Kudo's to you and Ultrawalker!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wow, Lynn, I am impressed! That's awesome! Great race despite a rough course and strong winds! Congratulations Smile
                                2009: BQ?