Cold weather and SNOT (Read 98 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I know that cold weather usually is dryer which makes the snot flow more.  Wondering if anyone has any tricks that work to slow this down?

I probably have more snot flow than the average runner so it's super annoying.  I snot rocket plenty but it keeps flowing.  In longer runs and races, it gets incredibly annoying, nose gets chapped, etc.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

KCRuns

I don't know how to make it stop flowing.  I use a small dab of aquaphor around the base of my nose to keep it from getting chapped, and I also put a little around the inside edges as well so I'm breathing in moister air to help prevent a bloody nose from the dry cold air.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Let it flow, but carry a rag.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I know that cold weather usually is dryer which makes the snot flow more.  Wondering if anyone has any tricks that work to slow this down?

I probably have more snot flow than the average runner so it's super annoying.  I snot rocket plenty but it keeps flowing.  In longer runs and races, it gets incredibly annoying, nose gets chapped, etc.

It snot a problem! Just let it flow! Ha, ha, ha.  Couldn't help myself.

I'm pretty much the same. Nose runs and runs no matter what I do. It a genetic thing I think.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not a huge deal for a few miles...but over the course of a 50k, 50miler, etc. very annoying.  I was hoping someone had some creative way to help.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dhuffman63

Trails

I have that same problem...doesn't matter if it's cold or hot but the cold is worse cause of the nose chapping.