Army Ten Miler Race Report (Read 541 times)

JakeKnight

You hurl at the end and take a 9/10 effort?
    Yeah. Good question. I've never given anything a 10/10, either ... I know where Dave's coming from. But if I ran that well and puked at the finish line? That's gotta be veering into 10 territory.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Dave

That's a good point Big grin I'll take the 10 for effort but I did feel like I just sort of faded in the last 2 miles. The little sprint to the finish was enough to prompt the modest hurl at the end. There were so many medics at the end (complete with a wheel chair right in the middle of the finish area, presumably due to the death on the course last year) that when I went to barf, I had a medic come up to me that I had to wave off. Obviously, they've never seen the swamp videos of the proper way to finish a race. A true HTFU would have kept the pace up over the last two miles...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

The last 2 miles on this race are tough-the bridge seems to go on forever and the sun heated the route. You did a great job.

A Saucy Wench

very very nice Dave!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I'll tell you what. You have independent authorization to go ahead and throw down a 10. I just realized you ran the last 5 miles at 94-96% max HR. That's a lot tougher than me. Well done. BTW, that 7:07 mile 4 might be wrong. My Garmin undermeasured that mile. I'm told that DC intentionally snarls GPS for security reasons. Mine's usually ok though. Might have been the semi-tunnel next to the Kennedy Center. I'll say this, watching the wheelchair/"missing parts in action" (their term, not mine) start was pretty inspirational.

Bugs

DAVE WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome. I'm so glad you went all out, those are amazing splits. Your marathon is going to rock.

Bugs

Nice race report Dave! Looks like you had a great race, and a nice improvement over last year. Would've been better if you hurled in the chip bucket though!! Roll eyes Dead Tight lipped
                - Tony
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah. Good question. I've never given anything a 10/10, either ... I know where Dave's coming from. But if I ran that well and puked at the finish line? That's gotta be veering into 10 territory.
                  I think I can only justify 10/10 if I end up in a med tent. I don't think I've ever given a race more than 8 or 9. Nice race, Dave. I can't wait to read your marathon report! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay