Internet Explorer 11 (Read 90 times)

zonykel

My computer just restarted with Internet Explorer 11 (I didn't realize I had the auto update selected).

Now it broke google. When doing a search, the display is all messed up. So back to Chrome (not a bad choice, but I'm used to IE already).

Feeling the growl again

Mine recently updated to IE10.  It broke a site I use for work, so I had to un-install the most recent update.  Once I did that, RunningAhead tells me I'm using an obsolete, unsupported browser.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TJoseph

You can back out the upgrade.  If you have Windows 7, got to Start/Control Panel/Programs and Features, and then select View installed updates on the left. Sort by the Installed on date by clicking the top of that column, right click on the update and choose Uninstall.

Feeling the growl again

You can back out the upgrade.  If you have Windows 7, got to Start/Control Panel/Programs and Features, and then select View installed updates on the left. Sort by the Installed on date by clicking the top of that column, right click on the update and choose Uninstall.

I did that.  It fixed the website I use for work, but broke RunningAhead.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

TJoseph

I did that.  It fixed the website I use for work, but broke RunningAhead.

Did you try clearing your cache, cookies, etc?  It may also be some of the settings on the advanced tab under Internet Options got reset.  You could try temporarily adding RunningAhead to your trusted sites zone on the security tab in Internet Options and see if that helps.  I am accessing RunningAhead from IE10 without a problem.

Feeling the growl again

Did you try clearing your cache, cookies, etc?  It may also be some of the settings on the advanced tab under Internet Options got reset.  You could try temporarily adding RunningAhead to your trusted sites zone on the security tab in Internet Options and see if that helps.  I am accessing RunningAhead from IE10 without a problem.

Thanks, I'll mess with it more when I have time (it's not this computer).  Compatibility mode was involved in there somewhere and I have to go back and eliminate variables.

TJoseph

Thanks, I'll mess with it more when I have time (it's not this computer).  Compatibility mode was involved in there somewhere and I have to go back and eliminate variables.

Yeah, if you take the shotgun approach you will never know what actually fixed it.

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, if you take the shotgun approach you will never know what actually fixed it.

Once a scientist, always a scientist.  Wink

an amazing likeness

Like the OP, IE 11 appeared a few days ago on my Win7 PC. I'm having no issues with RA (or google) under IE11. No compatibility mode needed at RA -- it's pretty much performing exactly as IE10 did.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Oh roo roooo!

I also got IE11 and had NUMEROUS issues, including the inability to download pretty much anything and the inability to open PDF files!  It also would not allow me to stay logged into any site, even if I chose the "remember me" option.  It was getting really old to log back into sites I visit multiple times daily....

I had been using IE8 due to job requirements (anything else interfered with transcription software) and just left that job, so was excited to upgrade to 11, but ended up putting Chrome on to fix the problems.  So far it seems to have fixed everything that I was finding to be a problem w/IE11.

Prince of Fatness

Not sure how you folks do your Microsoft updates, but I chose the setting that says download the updates but let me install them.  That allows me to review them before updating.  This way if they sneak an update in such as an IE upgrade I can decline it if I want to.  Microsoft's definition of important and mine sometimes differ.

I am still running IE 8 on my Windows 7 laptop, but I use Firefox so unless support goes away for IE 8 I am not going to bother to update.

There are some good security blogs that review the monthly patches, among other things.  Here is one.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/

Not at it at all. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not sure how you folks do your Microsoft updates, but I chose the setting that says download the updates but let me install them.  That allows me to review them before updating.  This way if they sneak an update in such as an IE upgrade I can decline it if I want to.  Microsoft's definition of important and mine sometimes differ.

That's how I'm set up, but Windows applied the IE 11 update anyway about a week later. I discovered that when I went to my Yahoo! calendar and got a message that my browser wasn't compatible. It also messed up my on-line banking site. The bank was the one that clued me in that the problem was IE 11. I uninstalled it and am back to IE 10.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

That's weird. I use Firefox all the time, but out of curiosity I fired up IE11 on my Windows 8 laptop and had a quick tour of RA, Google... and I see no problem with RA (I am writing this post from IE11). For Google, I noticed that if I click on a search result link, go to the result page, then I click on the IE's "back" button to go back to the Google search page, I have to click "back" a second time. It's not like that in Firefox, but that's no big deal to me. I have not played around with compatibility mode, have not added RA to my trusted sites or anything. My IE11 is stock.

I would probably hit some issues if I used it all the time, like you guys. I noticed in my quick test that it is faster than Firefox. I might actually give it a real chance.

TJoseph

I have Windows configured to notify me of updates, but not download or install them.  So far, it has not forced IE11 on me.

Mysecondnewname

Can someone with IE 11 please try to go to the LA Times website?    For some reason, when I upgraded to IE 11, the site always crashes with IE11 and I can't figure out why.

Thanks!