3 years (Read 262 times)

My run on 2/13 took my streak of running everyday to 3 years but the bad part was it was on the treadmill. If I was aware of it being my 3 year run I would have run outside in the snow. Thanks to my daughter for paying attention even when I dont to how many days I have run.

jeffdonahue

Congatulations!!

I feel your pain, my streak hit 5 miles this December and I was on a treadmill watching my family swim in the pool at a resort in Vermont.

You should join our group:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/streak

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I am so in awe of those of you who have these streaks. Very impressive.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Congrats to both of you, I couldn't keep it up.  My streak got to 630 some odd day, but I hated it.  I woke up two different Christmas mornings (with small children) and one of my first thoughts was when am I going to get my run in.  I finally scheduled a camping trip with just me and the kids (5 and 7 at the time) for two nights.....It was impossible for me to go for a run that Saturday.  The streak died, I killed the monkey on my back, and am soooooo much happier now.  I just didn't have the personality for it, streaking consumed me.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Congratulations on your impressive streak. That shows some serious dedication. I am curiuos though, after looking at your log, do you run mostly for fitness, or do ever ramp up your intensity or mileage for racing? Obviously, I can only see a snapshot of your training so please don't take this question as an indictement on your running. And I'm sure with the consistency of your training you can race quite well, but I'm wondering if you change things up.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

I do have to admit the streak weighs on me some days thinking about when to get the run in but so far it always seems to work out. I run basically for fitness, when I started I was about 50 pounds over weight and running has helped me loose the weight and keep it off.  I have run a marathon a year for the past 5 years and the mileage ramps up according to the training plan. I am scheduled to run a marathon in June and have started the training plan last week so my miles will start to climb now. I also do smaller races locally but dont change my running for those races as they are local 5 and 10 k's.

Congrats to both of you, I couldn't keep it up.  My streak got to 630 some odd day, but I hated it.  I woke up two different Christmas mornings (with small children) and one of my first thoughts was when am I going to get my run in.  I finally scheduled a camping trip with just me and the kids (5 and 7 at the time) for two nights.....It was impossible for me to go for a run that Saturday.  The streak died, I killed the monkey on my back, and am soooooo much happier now.  I just didn't have the personality for it, streaking consumed me.

This.

Congrats on your streak.

Streaks have had a place in my running, but I'm willing to let them end. Can't say that I hated the streaks, actually think it was the opposite. I seem to have run some of my best when streaking.

Get off my porch

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jonny...wow, great job with your weight loss. As far as marathon training, the streak is kinda like always having a solid base so I can see how you'd be able to build the mileage easily. Good luck with your June race!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Congratulations on the 3 year streak!  That is a really long time. :-)   I've made it about 70 days, so I have great respect for those who have made it for many months and years.

I also second any streakers to join the streaking group!    http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/streak

Finally, I noticed that streaking is thought of by some as a 'monkey on the back'... I suppose it does fall to personality styles.  Me personally, I love it because I always know on a day that I don't want to run much, kicking out a couple miles takes very little time, and also the act of streaking has made me run many more miles in the past.  I can no longer skip one day, then two days, then one more... For me I love it so far. :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm on day 102 now.  When I started, I thought streaking is dumb, but I have felt my running getting continually stronger, so I'm still at it.  It wouldn't be the end of the world if I broke the streak.  I could quit any time.  Yeah.

Congrats, Johny O!

Congatulations!!

I feel your pain, my streak hit 5 miles this December and I was on a treadmill watching my family swim in the pool at a resort in Vermont.

You should join our group:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/streak

Jeff, obviously you meant 5 years not 5 miles.   you guys with your streaks are very impressive!.    My little streak is now 44 consecutive months with 100 miles or more.  not as impressive as you day streakers but still proud of it ( not  that Im much  faster because of it).