Interest in a multi-sport user group? (Read 1222 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I notice that there are already a few multi-sport groups, though most of them are region/race-specific, small, private, or abandoned.  Does anyone else see a need to have a general group for duathletes and triathletes, aside from this cross-training forum?

I know there are plenty of multi-sport-specific forums on the WWW, but I'm kind of partial to RA and think it might be nice to have something here for existing RA members who have already participated in multi-sport events or who, like me, are contemplating a duathlon or triathlon in the future.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Do you mean like the Swim Bike Run RA group?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Exactly!  I cannot find that in searches, though.  I did searches for multisport, multi sport, and triathlon and that doesn't show in any of those search phrases...just sayin'. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I just put keywords into the group description, so now you should be able to find it searching on "triathlon" or "duathlon" or "multisport".  Thanks for the suggestion.

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

it might be nice to have something here for existing RA members who have already participated in multi-sport events or who, like me, are contemplating a duathlon or triathlon in the future.

Very cool.  Its a fine group, not as active as the Swamp, but its good!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just put keywords into the group description, so now you should be able to find it searching on "triathlon" or "duathlon" or "multisport".  Thanks for the suggestion.

No prob.  I thought there was a larger group than what I was finding, but all of the obvious search terms I tried yielding nothing with more than a small handful of people. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

PS: If you find a more active one, lemme know, as I'll be interested Smile

The voice of mile 18

+1 me too

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, that's why you gotta advertise better! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

pitrunner

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/  has a very active forum. Lots of great articles and resources as well.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/  has a very active forum. Lots of great articles and resources as well.

But it's not RA... Sad

~ Sarah Kay

pitrunner

But it's not RA... Sad

I know

But some RA peeps hang out there

xor

Oh now.  It's ok to have a life outside of RA.

One of the more active groups here is The Masters area.  Many really nice folks, some of which absolutely will NOT venture outside of that group's area.

Ah well.

One of the more active groups here is The Masters area.  Many really nice folks, some of which absolutely will NOT venture outside of that group's area.

I admit to being almost totally out of my element in that forum.  I'm old enough to be there but I can't follow what the numerous (I mean numerous) continuing threads and subgroups are all about.  But maybe I'm just too old to follow. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I admit to being almost totally out of my element in that forum.  I'm old enough to be there but I can't follow what the numerous (I mean numerous) continuing threads and subgroups are all about.  But maybe I'm just too old to follow. 

I joined the Master's group briefly in the Spring...when I was looking for replacement runners for a trail relay team and that group was recommended to me to put a shout-out for runners.  Like you, I felt completely lost.  It's a very close-knit group, but there were a LOT of people I had never seen anywhere else on RA.  Like it was some parallel RA dimension! Wink

~ Sarah Kay