How could I possibly need this much running gear????? Do i need help? (Read 1232 times)

Gig

I suppose I should add my own collection. 6 or so pairs of cotton shorts 2 pairs of wicking shorts 4 singlets 4 short sleve technical shirts (the best one is from RA) 5 long sleve tech shirts 4 pairs of wicking underpants ("runderwear"--props to JeffGoBlue) 1 running pants 1 running tights 1 warm up pants enough socks to make me happy 2 pairs shoes 1 set of half pound wrist weights 2 pairs of running gloves maybe a half dozen $1 cotton gloves from the hardware store, which I like better and are also great for dusting 3 sock hats 1 balaclava HOLY CRAP I GUESS I DO HAVE A LOT 1 jacket 1 fanny pack w/ drink holder 1 ID thingy for my shoe which I haven't put on my new pair yet. Don't tell my wife. Ironman watch Garmin 205 2 mp3 players w/ a drawer full of headphones 3 ice packs 30 baseball caps (I didn't count)
      It's always hot and humid here in Asia (except for the monsoon season), so I guess I can count myself lucky I don't need any winter running gear. My gear: 4 running shorts 5 dri-fit singlets 1 short sleeve dri-fit tee 2 watches (one with lap memory, one without) 2 shoes (1 current, the other finding a place to donate them to)

Top 'O the World!

Fascinating! I'm guessing that I have a substantial collection ~ owing to the fact that I "run" in a variety of environments - metro paths, sidewalks & such, mountain & other Park trails - so, different footwear options, from lighter trainers to snow sneakers, coupla prs of gaiters for the dirtier trails......I run @ a variety of elevations - haven't quite gotten all the way down to sea level in a coupla yrs, but 10,000' is common....... & seasonal weather conditions...during peak heat in the summer, I've indulged in middle- of- the- night adventures - w/o a headlamp (don't have one of those) & I try NOT to do sub-zero @ this time, although I've "run" in my ski gear(not the boots!) during blizzard conditions for a coupla miles...(don't ask! Roll eyes ) so, need/have a variety of shorts, different wgt pants/tights, tech tanks, tees, long-sleeved shirts, 2 soft shell jackets (different wgts) - one is larger than the other so I can layer them in 10*F weather, 2 pr gloves - again, different wgts/sizes for layering purposes, 1 balaclava, 1 tech visor, 1 tech ball cap, 1/2 dozen sports bras so, I don't have to wash every day to run every day, ditto on the gross of socks - & those being different lengths for differing conditions/temps.....two different waist packs & a camelpak for different length runs & how many dogs I'm taking w/me ~ so, then there's a separate list for all of my "dog stuff".....3-4 pr sunglasses (different lenses for different weather conditions) & I'm considering adding one of my prs of ski goggles to that bag....THEN there's my electronics.... Big grin I'm such an info geek! Garmin FR305 w/HR monitor (& I USE it!) blue tooth combo of 60gig ipod (9800 songs in library), cell phone, motorola S9 earbuds..... & then a couple of you talked about hiking/camping gear......hmmmmm, well then...on that note, my garage is more correctly termed a "toy box" of sorts...I have bins of hiking "minis" - 1st aid kits, toilet paper, baggies, lighters/wp matches, salt & pepper shakers, foil blankets, shovels & such.....8 tents, 3 inflatable rafts, skis (snow & water), snowboards, snowshoes, 15+/- different sized coolers, probably that many back packs too, different cooking components for different base camps, motorcycles.......hiking boots, motorcycle boots, soft soled climbing shoes, water shoes, snowboard/ski boots.........
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group