Login by screen name... (Read 1039 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Why not let users log in using a screen name rather than typing the entire email address? Apparently, I can't use the "remember me" option for whatever reason, so using screen name would be a little more convenient. Hey Eric, like all my other requests, no biggie! Hope things are going well for you and that you are making time for running and not spending ALL you extra time on this site. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Erunama

Have you tried setting up your web browser to save passwords? You can just have it save your password for the login to this website.
      eric :)

Lynn, When you check the "Remember me" check box, a cookie is sent to your computer that contains information to identity who you are. The next time you come back, your computer sends the cookie back to the server, and is used to log you in. If your computer did not save the cookie, then it won't remember you and you'll have to relogin every time. The most like cause of the problem is your browser is not accepting cookies. Let me know if you need help enabling cookies. Please include the name of your browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc). It could also be that some other program on your computer is deleting it. If you use a software firewall (e.g. Norton Internet Security/Firewall, McAfee Firewall), you should add runningahead.com to its list of safe sites. Anti Spyware programs such as Microsoft's Windows AntiSpyware or Lavasoft's Ad-Aware may delete it because it thinks the cookie is tracking you for malicious purposes. You can also try what Erunama suggests, and have your browser save your login information and then auto fill it the next time you come back. I'm reluctant to change the login code because I might inadvertantly create a security hole. Running has been good. I didn't have a chance to reply to your post until now because I was ran in the Newburyport (Massachusetts) Yankee Homecoming 10 miler, and didn't get back until late. I'm training for the New York City Marathon this November. Hopefully, I can redeem myself from my terrible performance at Boston earlier this year. eric Smile
        eric :)

Lynn, Did you manage to get the site to remember you? Please let me know! eric Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

No, I haven't taken much time to work on it. What's funny is that other sites I use (Runner's World Forums) are able to "remember me" for the login. Lynn

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)