Minimum Time Between Doubles (Read 325 times)

spoonerweb

My first run is at 4:30am and I run for 90min (18-19km). My second run is usually around 9am and I run for 60min (~12km) pushing a double stroller with my 4 year old and (almost) 2 year old. If I want to do a triple, then I will wait on doing the third run around 8pm (before bed) and it will usually only be 30min (5-6km) by myself.

J-L-C

I do whatever's practical. Typically I run before and after work so that's about ~9 hours. I've done doubles (and a couple of triples) with 3-4 hours in between, though, and didn't really notice it.

If I had to do a second run in less than three hours after the first one I'd just combine it into the first one and get it over with.

NHLA

When I ran the blue ridge relay ultra I ran 6 legs one every three hours,  210 miles 36 legs. That hurt.

Better I Leave

Milzed...

Feeling the growl again

Forgive a "newbie" for asking a STOOPID question, but a "double" is 2 runs within a certain period of time, yes? I have, on occasion, ran a few in the morning and then ran a few in the evening. That's a double?

2 runs in the same day.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Better I Leave

2 runs in the same day.

Thanks...Still learning the lingo.

Feeling the growl again

Thanks...Still learning the lingo.

This individual may be able to provide you with more information on doubles...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Better I Leave

No idea what you're talking about, but I'm going to have to assume that you're trying to be a smartass after I asked a simple question. My apologies.

Feeling the growl again

No idea what you're talking about, but I'm going to have to assume that you're trying to be a smartass after I asked a simple question. My apologies.

Apparently you have never seen "Office Space".  To anyone who has ever seen the movie, it was a clear and humorous play on the word "double".  If you didn't get it, you could have just asked.

Adding your propensity to leap straight to a negative smartass conclusion onto your prior posting history I'll just ignore you in the future. Roll eyes

J-L-C

Apparently you have never seen "Office Space".  To anyone who has ever seen the movie, it was a clear and humorous play on the word "double".  If you didn't get it, you could have just asked.

Adding your propensity to leap straight to a negative smartass conclusion onto your prior posting history I'll just ignore you in the future. Roll eyes

Cool

Maybe the mud muddled things up for him?

Better I Leave

Cool

Maybe the mud muddled things up for him?

No. It was more about his propensity to have a few "choice" words for me about my past. I asked him to explain and he never did. It's all good. He's taken a shot at me before and I've extended an olive branch. Clearly he doesn't care for me. A lot of people don't. I'm used to it. I forgive him.

J-L-C

No. It was more about his propensity to have a few "choice" words for me about my past. I asked him to explain and he never did. It's all good. He's taken a shot at me before and I've extended an olive branch. Clearly he doesn't care for me. A lot of people don't. I'm used to it. I forgive him.

I think it was more about the propensity of a good joke being funny that was ruined.

And that's a lot of propensity.

Feeling the growl again

So you're an admitted illegal drug smuggler to support illegal doping in sports...yet while I disapprove of that I make a good-faith effort to answer your question, with some humor to boot...and when you don't get it you insult rather than ask for clarification.

Looks to me that if a lot of people don't care for you, perhaps you should look inward for the reason rather than outward.

Wait, are the doubles supposed to be at the same time, like what he'd line up with the money?

Note:  This is, indeed, hilarious if you have seen Office Space.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                              Emil Zatopek

drrbradford

+1