Noob question on profile url (Read 46 times)

Ok - call me a noob but I can't find the url for my profile on the site.  I'm switching over from Dailymile and I'd like to send a url to my friends for them to connect with me on here if they switch.  Where is that url and how do they connect to me?

thanks!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks Monkey Dancer!

After playing around a bit, I think part of the confusion is that this site is fundamentally different than Daily Mile.  DM is more Facebook like, where you "connect" with folks and there is a news stream from your connections.  Here it seems you pretty much just sign up, your activities stand on their own and the social aspect is in the forums.

Thanks again.

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

After playing around a bit, I think part of the confusion is that this site is fundamentally different than Daily Mile.  DM is more Facebook like, where you "connect" with folks and there is a news stream from your connections.  Here it seems you pretty much just sign up, your activities stand on their own and the social aspect is in the forums.

Thanks again.

Yup. I came here after spending some time on DM a few years ago. I liked the social aspect of DM, but (at that time, anyway) DM didn't have a good way of keeping track of mileage on shoes, and it also lacked some other technical features of RA. I haven't been back to DM in years, and perhaps it has gotten better in the technical stuff, but I've really liked RA, even if the social aspect is not as, well, social. That's not really the point of this site, though the forums are really active and helpful.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Thanks Rev.  I guess I should play around a little before I go posting stuff.  I've come to the same conclusions.  I like the data options much more than the social stuff in DM.

Good luck in 2014.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks Rev.  I guess I should play around a little before I go posting stuff.  I've come to the same conclusions.  I like the data options much more than the social stuff in DM.

Good luck in 2014.

Great community(ies) here. But yeah, the running is central here.