Chicago races 10/27/2018-10/28/2018 (Read 47 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

It looks like I'm going to be in Chicago this October - any locals have any race suggestions for the weekend of 10/27 - 10/28.  (Preferably in the city, although I *may* have a car so nearby might work.)

Bring it on.

Joann Y

Rats. Too bad it's not the weekend before. The Frank Lloyd Wright Races are pretty worthwhile. I don't see anything for your weekend. There is a local here you can go running with if you can't find a race. Smile

MTA: I don't see anything that I would suggest for your weekend.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Check Running in the USA

Illinois from 10/27 - 10/28/2018

This includes all of Illinois, but there are Chicago suburban as well as Chicago races among these 15

Also check out CARA - Chicago Area Running Association calendar

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I am thinking about flying there to run the Chicago Half Marathon that starts out in Hyde Park and runs up Lake Shore Drive and back. I actually spent a summer there my freshman year in College and and REALLY want to go back to run!

But this race is in September:  http://www.chicagohalfmarathon.com/

It looks like I'm going to be in Chicago this October - any locals have any race suggestions for the weekend of 10/27 - 10/28.  (Preferably in the city, although I *may* have a car so nearby might work.)

T Hound

Slower but happier

I am thinking about flying there to run the Chicago Half Marathon that starts out in Hyde Park and runs up Lake Shore Drive and back. I actually spent a summer there my freshman year in College and and REALLY want to go back to run!

But this race is in September:  http://www.chicagohalfmarathon.com/

That was the first race I ever ran 2013 and ran again 2014.  Haven’t done it since but it’s great race.  Flat and face.  Decent size crowd but not crazy big.

sorry OP this doesn’t address or answer your question.  I’m good at that.  There a little race downtown a couple weeks before 10/27 but might be filled up.  There a 50/50 race on 10/27.  https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoUltra/.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

Joann Y

That was the first race I ever ran 2013 and ran again 2014.  Haven’t done it since but it’s great race.  Flat and face.  Decent size crowd but not crazy big.

That was my first half marathon in 2008 and then when I just began to take running more seriously in 2012. I also remember it being a great race!

Jill_B

I fly.

Rats. Too bad it's not the weekend before. The Frank Lloyd Wright Races are pretty worthwhile. I don't see anything for your weekend. There is a local here you can go running with if you can't find a race. Smile

MTA: I don't see anything that I would suggest for your weekend.

I may be taking you up on that run!!

Bring it on.

Joann Y

I may be taking you up on that run!!

Ha! Alright, I'm here!