10 years ago, today... (Read 903 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Had to change my last name. The weather was almost identical, too...though we had snow on the ground from a Christmas Day blizzard. And my wedding dress was a larger size than what I currently wear, which is pretty cool. This is a scan of our favorite wedding snapshot (in some ways it captures us much better than all the nice shots our professional photog took). It's poor quality (crummy old scanner), but you get the idea: We were such kids (though, admittedly, I don't think we're much different now than we were a decade ago--just thinnner)! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Had to change my last name. The weather was almost identical, too...though we had snow on the ground from a Christmas Day blizzard. And my wedding dress was a larger size than what I currently wear, which is pretty cool. This is a scan of our favorite wedding snapshot (in some ways it captures us much better than all the nice shots our professional photog took). It's poor quality (crummy old scanner), but you get the idea: We were such kids (though, admittedly, I don't think we're much different now than we were a decade ago--just thinnner)! Big grin k
      Congrats! I celebrate whenever I hear of a couple hitting a major milestone in marriage. Given our current trends, it has become quite a rarity for folks to stay committed. Congrats and whoot! BTW, are you slammin' a GU in that picture? Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congrats! I celebrate whenever I hear of a couple hitting a major milestone in marriage. Given our current trends, it has become quite a rarity for folks to stay committed. Congrats and whoot! BTW, are you slammin' a GU in that picture?
        LMAO @ the GU! Nah, it's a noisemaker. As we exited the church everyone had noisemakers to send us off to the reception with--including us. That was one fun part of getting married midway between Christmas and New Year's. I agree with you on the marriage milestone. My brother and his wife only made it about 6 years (though we all pretty much knew it was doomed from the start, but couldn't say anything--no one in our family even thought it would last that long). Hubby and I met when I was 17 and he 18. He went off to college just weeks after we met and the first 3 years we were long-distance, including 5 months on different continents when he spent a year in Scotland (I went and spent a semester in London in part to be closer to him, but mostly to have the experience of study abroad). For years everyone said it wouldn't last...because we were too young and too far apart. But after a while that criticism stopped. Our first date was almost 16.5 years ago, so I've literally been with him over half of my life, as I am nearly 34. That's pretty rare nowadays. But my hubby's parents dated from the time they were ~16 and my folks went to HS together, too (though they didn't date until college and my mom was a grade ahead of my dad). It's also rare that neither of us has parents who have divorced, too...so we've had some pretty good role models. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Happy anniversary! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

Kristin, what a sweet story <3 happy anniversary! :yes: happy="" anniversary!=""></3 happy anniversary! :yes:>
            2009: BQ?
            Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats Kirsten! Thanks for sharing that lovely photo. That looked like fun! Who knew you can have fun at your own wedding...
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, we had a blast at our wedding...I think it helped that we kept it small. We only had about 60 guests. Eryn/backroadrunner was my MOH and I was hers when she got married a couple of years ago. We are still close to just about everyone from our wedding party (the only person we've lost touch with is a HS friend of mine who I gave up trying to stay in contact with when she never would respond to my letters and cards. Even after her mom died I couldn't get her to call me and let me know she was doing OK). k

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations. Your husband's a lucky man, besides the obvious. If he's forgotten your anniversary but, has done any Christmas shopping at all he's safe. Personally, I got married on July 11,2004. 7-11,convenience store I can remember that. 2004 is the year the Red Sox won the World Series. Finally, my sister got married the month before me so, when she's starts complaining about the lousy anniversary present my BIL got her I know I need to get my arse in gear.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pete, that's hilarious!!! I'll tell ya', my hubby and I are so backwards...I love beer, he likes frou-frou girly drinks. He orders salad, I order steak. Last night we stayed at a really nice $$ hotel with a corner room overlooking the lake and river in our community (complete with jacuzzi tub, bottle of Asti, and shower with 2 separate showerheads)...I would have been happy putting the $$ from that stay towards a new TV (which we do need). He's so much more into romance than I am, much of the time! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Cute picture, happy anniversary and congrats!!

Now that was a bath...

Congrats girl!!! Lynn's right, that is definitely something to celebrate and be proud of! Could I suggest though that maybe you should have married my husband. He likes beer, we have a 120 inch TV and he is not very romantic at all. My proposal was a straight up 'Well, will ya?' as we had a TV dinner over mashed potato and sausages and he has never eaten salad in his life. I think it's fab that your guy took you somewhere romantic. I'd love a bit of that!!! Great pic too. It must feel fantastic to say that you are slimmer than your wedding day! Not many of us can say that!!! Enjoy the next ten years. Claire xxx
                      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It must feel fantastic to say that you are slimmer than your wedding day! Not many of us can say that!!!
                          It IS fab...and I weigh less than I did BEFORE I got preggers, too! Big grin Heh...my proposal from the hubby was SO NOT romantic...in that respect our DHs sound a lot alike. Derek and I had been living together for about 3 years and we had 2 feline "children." I basically told him to "shit or get off the pot." His response was "oh, I guess we can look at rings..." He's still like that...pretty laid-back and he waits for me to make the first move on most things. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

Yay for 10 years anniversary...big congrats..10 year is a big milestone in these days where everybody gets married and gets divorced within a year/weeks/days even hours (or so known as the britney spears wedding)...Awesome picture as well..the best ones are the ones usually not taken by the official photographer.. on a side note for claire...120 inch TV ? I don't even have any wallspace that can fit that size tv ?
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

on a side note for claire...120 inch TV ? I don't even have any wallspace that can fit that size tv ?
                              Damn...I'm trying to envision that, myself. Who needs movie theaters when you have a screen like that (heh, I think I'd be charging my friends $5 admission to come watch movies at my house--still a bargain compared to the cinema and we could pause the show whenever anyone needed to go potty)?! Wow...I'd love one even half that large! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

on a side note for claire...120 inch TV ? I don't even have any wallspace that can fit that size tv ?
                                It's actually not a tv, but a projector with pull down screen but we call it the big TV! My husband is electronics obsessed. We have seven TV's and five DVD's if you include the TV and DVD in the car! Claire xxx
                              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.