The first run after 4 days off... (Read 749 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Due to my intestinal bug and my son not having school weds-fri I finally was able to get my long run of almost 11 miles in--this after running not quite 11 whole miles last week. The whole way my body was all "hey, this is great...let's go, c'mon, faster, whooo...yeah, this is fun, c'mon c'mon c'mon...yippeee...hey, did we just do a taper, what's up...zip zip zippidy doo dah...whooo!!!!" Now I'm out of the shower and my body is all "hey...let's go take a nap. Yeah. A siesta sounds good. Can we...please?" Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Haha Smile Sounds like you enjoyed it!
      ---- Cynthia
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did...and I just looked back at my log and discovered that today's run was the longest I've done since my HM back in ***drumroll*** LATE OCT!!! Gah, no wonder that felt so good! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Good job, K! Nice run! I'm SO JEALOUS! Clhagan, noticed we are going to be neighbors so to speak! I'm moving to Arkansas this coming week. Smile

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Dog-Love

great job zoomers!!! I want to run so bad and I am living vicariously thorough you so go for it and have some great runs for me
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              Good job, Kirsten. I can't wait to have more time to see how far I can run. It seems forced rest did you some good. So who is the other beautiful lady in your avatar? ewa
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                Taking days off is good for ya, didn't you know? Smile
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So who is the other beautiful lady in your avatar? ewa
                  That's our very own Eryn/backroadrunner! That pic is from her wedding almost 2 years ago. She is starting a new job, today, so I'm nervous and excited for her...thought that picture would be like a little lucky charm for her! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Great run and glad it felt so good for you!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

That's our very own Eryn/backroadrunner! That pic is from her wedding almost 2 years ago. She is starting a new job, today, so I'm nervous and excited for her...thought that picture would be like a little lucky charm for her! Smile k
                      I am not very good with faces, she looks different here. Hope her job is whatever she dreamed it would be. Ewa
                      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am not very good with faces, she looks different here.
                        Heh, probably because she's wearing make-up and not grimacing in pain like she is in her current avatar... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay