Where do you Race? (Read 87 times)

The overwhelming majority of the races I've run were within an hour of home in the Boston area, including a whole bunch where jogged to the start from home. But I've traveled for some marathons and cross country races.

The farthest I've traveled for a race was Bend, Oregon. That required a couple of airplanes each way including one with propellers.

How long ago was that? Bend has been a boom town in recent years! There are probably some better flight options now. And a number of breweries to recommend.

Incidentally the farthest I've traveled so far is Boston, which was about 2200 miles farther than #2. Although I'm already registered for two more that are somewhere in between.

For anything less than a marathon it's about 1 hr max.

Dave

Christrickery

I tend to run a few low key local races that I enjoy then I meet my sister once a year somewhere to run a marathon. She’s in Denver and I’m in Baltimore. My favorite is Grandma’s—we’ve done that 3 times. Year one was 85 degrees at the finish. Year two had the hypothermia flag posted. Finally year three conditions were perfect but neither of the three of us had trained—so we ran it easy together and had a blast. This year we’re meeting at CIM.

mikeymike

How long ago was that? Bend has been a boom town in recent years! There are probably some better flight options now. And a number of breweries to recommend.

Incidentally the farthest I've traveled so far is Boston, which was about 2200 miles farther than #2. Although I'm already registered for two more that are somewhere in between.

For anything less than a marathon it's about 1 hr max.

2013. There were many better flight options. Los Angeles is defnitely not on the way from Boston to Bend, for example.

John Barbour is an absolute legend of a runner, coach, mentor and all around excellent human being. But if you need someone to manage logisitcs for your cross country team to get across the country, he's not your guy.

But we found our way to Deschutes, and other places.

Runners run