MAF for older runners vs 80/20 running (Read 118 times)

Jogger bobby

To do this, you need to improve your cruising speed and threshold. More endurance work as well and stamina work with a touch of speed. I am big on Critical Velocity work and various paces of tempos and hills as well. It is all attainable. It starts though with a time trial of 2 miles or 5K to know your current level of fitness. Training Paces and structure is determined from this.

i think i know the answer, but my recent mile time trial says my CV pace is one thing, whereas my recent 5k says something quite a bit slower. What is my CV training pace?

Born: 1973

Marathon PR: 3:44 (2000)

5k PR: 22:02 (2022)

1 mile PR: 6:09 (2022)

Goals:

5k - 21:42

Mile - 5:59

400m - 1:10

Farmgirl1961

To do this, you need to improve your cruising speed and threshold. More endurance work as well and stamina work with a touch of speed. I am big on Critical Velocity work and various paces of tempos and hills as well. It is all attainable. It starts though with a time trial of 2 miles or 5K to know your current level of fitness. Training Paces and structure is determined from this.

Good to know. I have to be a bit careful with my high end endurance work in that it can wreak havoc on my thyroid. This past winter, I was Nordic skiing nearly every day. It was fabulous, but then I hit a wall big time and felt fatigued, drained and my HR was going up higher, even on chill ski outings. The autoimmune disorder means my thyroid is under attack from my body and too much stress (still trying to figure what that is for me) isn't good. I can still train hard, but may need to notch it back from an "all max" mode and give myself more time for recovery.

shivaniroy

spam
        Richerdjhonson

spam
          hireahackerz

Spam