10 reasons to hate the Patriots (Read 1234 times)

Another Passion

The Lions didn't make it to the Superbowl this year?!? Confused

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Big Chicken!

I am waiting on the Browns. As my DH says, it's just a rebuilding year...again.
      Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
        Sorry, but I've gotta do this... GO GIANTS!!! I hope we can exact our revenge on those cheating jerks!
          What're you gonna visit first when you pass through the Noodly Gates? The Stripper Factory or the Beer Volcano? I'm thinkin' beer, then strippers. did
          Good plan.
          2009: BQ?

Patriots are going to win. The Giants may have won 8 or 9 road games straight, and may be the "hottest" team in football, as the radio announcers are frequently (and nauseatingly) pointing out. I hate to break it to them, but the Patriots are undefeated this year on the road. And at home. And (obviously) in the playoffs. You don't get much "hotter" than that. Even when they play way below their level, and have a genuinely "bad" game, they still win. I noticed that as the weather got worse, the Patriots play got worse. Being in a dome in the SuperBowl, I expect to see the sorts of performance that we saw early in the season. I don't expect as much of a blowout, though, because I think that the Giants will step up like they did at the end of the season and be competitive. I just don't think they can match up with what the Pats are bringing.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

The radio announcers are definitely just trying to generate interest in the game. The line for the Superbowl is 13.5 points which is huge. It's definitely a long shot for the Giants. I didn't even think they'd get past the Packers to be completely honest. I just really dislike the Pats and would love for my team to be able to play "the spoiler" in their bid for the perfect season, especially after coming so close in week seventeen's 38-35 loss.

Gotta TRI

Sorry, but I've gotta do this... GO GIANTS!!! I hope we can exact our revenge on those cheating jerks!
                Hey! It's only cheating if you get... oh. Nevermind. Still, GO PATS!! Andy
                2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                  I'm not even going to touch the "cheating" comments. I, for one, liked the old Pat the Patriot logo better than the one they have now. Pats will win, but it won't be easy...I'm excited for another good game like week 17.
                  HOSS1961

Patriots are going to win. The Giants may have won 8 or 9 road games straight, and may be the "hottest" team in football, as the radio announcers are frequently (and nauseatingly) pointing out. I hate to break it to them, but the Patriots are undefeated this year on the road. And at home. And (obviously) in the playoffs. You don't get much "hotter" than that. Even when they play way below their level, and have a genuinely "bad" game, they still win. I noticed that as the weather got worse, the Patriots play got worse. Being in a dome in the SuperBowl, I expect to see the sorts of performance that we saw early in the season. I don't expect as much of a blowout, though, because I think that the Giants will step up like they did at the end of the season and be competitive. I just don't think they can match up with what the Pats are bringing.
                    I am so disinterested in this game that I am in it only for the food. The media is trying to jack up interest for the 13.5 dogs... Though not my team, I liked the Pats until the cheating thing. It makes you wonder about all the right calls, having the right defence at the right time, the right play called against the defence. I think that they had been breaking the rules for several years and just got caught. It seems to have been swept under the rug. Trying to preserve the status of the sport I guess and generate an undefeated team is more of an interest to the NFL than doing the right thing...(My disgust for professional sports is bubbling to the surface...) I have never really heard how long this was suspected to have been happening or if there was any evidence pionting to a conclusive time period. If I was Godell I would have fined the Team at least $1million(which is still chump change), suspended the head coach and all others involved for a year without pay, AND had the team forfeit all games suspected of cheating up to and including the Super Bowls if applicable. But I guess that would put somewhat of a pallor over the game and cost the league money. Rant over...sorry Angry
                    HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured