Let's start a game!!! (Read 15327 times)

Well, I haven't lost my driver's license, but I have had my car broken into while trail running, which now prompts to me only take my car key and license with me.  . . . . . Maybe I should change that to I haven't lost my driver's license so far.

IBTNP is thankful they don't have to get caught in the Christmas present buying frenzy 'cause a deal was made a long, long time ago to call family on Christmas instead of spending tons of money on things people don't want or need.  (Yee Haw!)

Well that is somewhat true.  For the immediate family I did it all on line mostly because buying American stuff in Japan is hard.  For the rest of my family they never get a present but that is another story all of its own.

IBTNP: needs a good run to shake of the holiday hum bug!

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

redleaf

Well that is somewhat true.  For the immediate family I did it all on line mostly because buying American stuff in Japan is hard.  For the rest of my family they never get a present but that is another story all of its own.

IBTNP: needs a good run to shake of the holiday hum bug!

Not really - I'm in Canada so Thanksgiving was in October and we just got our first tree in the condo today (we didn't get one last year) so I'm in the holiday spirit! Smile

IBTNP is trying to think of a gift to give for a "secret santa" exchange.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

A Saucy Wench

Yes

IBTNP Isnt ready for monday, or December or any of it!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

so true!!  have had the last 2 days off (usually work both wkend days) & greatly enjoyed them!  not looking forward to work tomorrow.

ibtnp  picked up their tree over the weekend & have their outside Christmas lights up already

ibtnp  picked up their tree over the weekend & have their outside Christmas lights up already

That would be a negative.  We're being bah humbugs this year and not decorating or putting up a tree.  And yes, I am happy.  We "did" our Christmas already by going on vacation in October, purchasing a new bed last weekend, and putting a flat screen TV out in my workout room.  There ain't no more money for nothin' or nobody.

Next year, though, everyone's coming here, so that'll be a whole different story.

IBTNP is preparing for an ultra run this upcoming weekend.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

12-week layoff

No ultra, but a 20 miler for my upcoming marathon. 

IBTNP has a half scheduled within the next month.

Run the race God set B4U

No ultra, but a 20 miler for my upcoming marathon. 

IBTNP has a half scheduled within the next month.

No actually it's in March, but I registered for it  Smile

IBTNP will run a Christmas themed race in December....

5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

12-week layoff

Maybe this is cheating, but...

Yep, the Holiday Half in Point Clear, Alabama on December 12.  We bring a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots, and there are always Marines there collecting the toys.

IBTNP is happy that the December cherries are available at the grocery.

ABSOLUTELY! Love me some cherries. Also glad it is time for citrus season as well!

IBTNP has a Blackberry.

Right you are!

IBTNP had to tell Thanksgiving houseguests more than once to stop giving people food to the dog.

Right you are!

IBTNP had to tell Thanksgiving houseguests more than once to stop giving people food to the dog.

No dog for me here in Japan.  We were not allowed to bring our dogs with us when we moved this summer.  I really miss my lab from time to time.

IBTNP: wishes it would snow already and quit teasing us!

IBTNP: wishes it would snow already and quit teasing us!

It's a very rare thing if we get snow here, but we do get LOTS of rain.  I've lived here over 22 years and it's snowed only 3 times.  Now 30 minutes inland, that's a whole 'nother story.  But I'm not a skier or anything like that, so I really don't care.

IBTNP is wishing they were already done with their Christmas shopping.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

You Are Beautiful.

True!

But in my defense, I think I can buy almost everything online this year. I hate how paychecks don't always land where you need them to.

IBTNP isn't really looking forward to all that family time at Christmas, despite all the hype and fanfare.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                            Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

True!

But in my defense, I think I can buy almost everything online this year. I hate how paychecks don't always land where you need them to.

IBTNP isn't really looking forward to all that family time at Christmas, despite all the hype and fanfare.

Kind of sort of true.  I would like to see my family but not all at once!  Haha.

IBTNP almost bought trail running shoes just because of how cool they look. 

Michelle

Kind of sort of true.  I would like to see my family but not all at once!  Haha.

IBTNP almost bought trail running shoes just because of how cool they look. 

Almost is no the right word.  I have done that more then once.  One of my favcorite shoes to run over the past few years has been the Adidas Adizero XT's.  I have had 5 pair of them now.  I also have a pair of Brooks Cascadia's but they are for everyday where more so then to use for running for me.

IBTNP: Does not have the luxory of watching Monday Night Football while working through their Tuesday morning.  I absolutely love that about being in Japan.