Mo Farah in the marathon (Read 402 times)

#artbydmcbride

My guess is that he qualifies for Boston in his debut marathon! 

Runners run

LOL...

he'd qualify for Boston on a Recovery Run, unless someone put a piece of masking tape down and told him to run like an ostrich.

LOL...

he'd qualify for Boston on a Recovery Run, unless someone put a piece of masking tape down and told him to run like an ostrich.

Well, as they used to say (don't know about today's marathon a day types) there is no such thing as an 'easy' marathon. 26.2 is still a long ways. However, he could probably run his recovery pace for the distance and place in the top 100 or 150, a good 30-40 minutes under qualifying standards.

Feeling the growl again

BS.

Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TripleBock

If the race has decent weather ...

I think this is unlikely - More likely they will come through 1/2 @ 1:01:30 and it will be a game of attrition to mile 22 and one of the 3-5 studs left will put a big more on and it will turn into a 2-3 dog race.  The pressure will continue to be applied and there will be 3 in the 2:04-2:04:59 finish time window, but will not include Mo.  Mo will either DNF or finish 1-2 minutes back in 5th -7th place.

What would you think the odds are on Mo finishing or DNF'ing?  60%/40% (Finishing / DNF'ing), 50/50?

One thing I will say -- if the race gets tactical -- the others are stupid if they allow Mo to be in the lead group with a mile or two left.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

TripleBock

But he won't - He will be a rocket out there, burning red hot and either flame out or finish ... So it Ilene would give me 3-1 odds on him running a BQ, I might take some of that action.

Well, as they used to say (don't know about today's marathon a day types) there is no such thing as an 'easy' marathon. 26.2 is still a long ways. However, he could probably run his recovery pace for the distance and place in the top 100 or 150, a good 30-40 minutes under qualifying standards.

#artbydmcbride

But he won't - He will be a rocket out there, burning red hot and either flame out or finish ... So it Ilene would give me 3-1 odds on him running a BQ, I might take some of that action.

I'm in! 

Runners run

TripleBock

1 dime bag of catnip against you 3 dime bags of catnip

I'm in! 

#artbydmcbride

Whoa, shit just got real!     (lemme see.....yeah....... I can scape up that much catnip if need be..)   IT.IS.ON!!

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wonder if Mo reads this. Would this add performance pressure (due to the betting action) help or hinder him?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Whoa, shit just got real!     (lemme see.....yeah....... I can scape up that much catnip if need be..)   IT.IS.ON!!

I'm picturing Ilene rolling on the floor with glazed eyes.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Precisely my mental image!

Salazar peruses these boards and plots revenge against friends and family who might diss him or any of his runners.

Wonder if Mo reads this. Would this add performance pressure (due to the betting action) help or hinder him?