What's on your RoadID? (Read 1146 times)

AlexaCT

I'm about to order a RoadID since I'm definitely a "Just in Case" type of person.

What should I include?

I'm thinking:

Name/Year of Birth

Husband's Cell

Mom's Cell (since DH works farther away than my parents' live)

NKA, Blood Type

A quote

Do you have your town/state on there?  I normally run in my town, or the two surrounding towns so I'm not what the point would be to including it. How about address? 

Curious to hear what others have!

I can and I will!

Peace out!

That's pretty much what's on mine (how did I even GET your husband's phone number???)

I did add city and state, in case something happens away from home (although my name is unusual enough that any phone or person search online is going to hit just me).

PRs:

5k -    22:39      12/11     10k -  49:10      11/11

20k -  1:56:56    9/12      13.1 - 1:54:07    3/12

30k -   3:05:54   9/12      26.2 -  5:00:27 10/12

Peace out!

I don't have blood type on mine, and I regret that. I may scratch it in.

PRs:

5k -    22:39      12/11     10k -  49:10      11/11

20k -  1:56:56    9/12      13.1 - 1:54:07    3/12

30k -   3:05:54   9/12      26.2 -  5:00:27 10/12

xor

I hope a cat named cookiemonster (who is an EMT) sees this... he has a great first responder's opinion.

I wouldn't worry about blood type.  It is on mine because I had the real estate, but honestly if you need blood, they are going to type and cross match you.  Always.

Also, roadid's online thingy wherein you can keep lots of information in their database is a good idea for certain things... but no first responder is going to use it.  Maybe for some hospital stuff.

Phone numbers of people who can make decisions on your behalf and/or know important info (or how to find it) is a big deal. 

And (duh) if you have a major health issue, consider listing it.

One last thing: when it comes to WHICH road id to buy... steer away from the one that attaches to your shoe.  If you get smacked by a car, it is really really common for you to separate from your shoes.  And they may not go looking for your shoes ("I bet that's where we will find important info!"), which kind of defeats the purpose.

I have my name, husband's name & number, home phone, and it says I have no known allergies and am an organ donor. Oh, and it's the Velcro bracelet

"run" "2" "eat"

name

year of birth

blood type, nka, contact lens, asthma

two next of kin phone numbers

then, at the bottom: RUN2EAT - CARPE WAFFLES

p.s. mine attaches to my ankle, which to SRL's point.... i sincerely hope does not become separated from me.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

bhearn

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??

Name, city/state, wife's name, home and her mobile phone numbers, "low resting HR", no major medical history, my drug allergy, and organ donor.

MTA: get the Elite, it never gets permanent-stink like the fabric/Velcro band does.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??

Learning about Cuba and having some food.

(I know that wasn't directed at me)

#artbydmcbride

I have the kind on the little shoe pocket that I keep keys in.  It says name, phone number and DNR.

(jk, it has my health issue)

Runners run

AlexaCT

I was thinking of getting the Slim bracelet; any thoughts for/against?

I'm way over-thinking this, I'm sure!!

I can and I will!

Phone numbers of people who can make decisions on your behalf and/or know important info (or how to find it) is a big deal. 

And (duh) if you have a major health issue, consider listing it.

One last thing: when it comes to WHICH road id to buy... steer away from the one that attaches to your shoe.  If you get smacked by a car, it is really really common for you to separate from your shoes.  And they may not go looking for your shoes ("I bet that's where we will find important info!"), which kind of defeats the purpose.

Mine has phone #'s for Mom, wife and son.

I've always heard about the shoe being the one thing that always separates when you do get hit. (that's how I use to attach)

What about the velcro strap around the ankle? Same thing? That's how I've been wearing mine the last several years.

Get off my porch

xor

I was thinking of getting the Slim bracelet; any thoughts for/against?

I'm way over-thinking this, I'm sure!!

That's the one I have.  Basically, it's one of those livestrong bands (in whatever color) with the metal road-id.  If it fits the text you want, it is fine and doesn't get permastink.  And when you ask yourself "why am I paying so much for a livestrong band", remember the work is in the metal piece.

BTW, and I'm surprised they haven't chimed in yet, a lot of people use home-made solutions and other things instead of a roadid.  You don't have to do it that way.  But I like their products, so I do.

xor

Mine has phone #'s for Mom, wife and son.

I've always heard about the shoe being the one thing that always separates when you do get hit. (that's how I use to attach)

What about the velcro strap around the ankle? Same thing? That's how I've been wearing mine the last several years.

Your shoe detaches easily because your shoe is not a part of your body and designed to come off and go on.  Even tied tightly, physics can come into play and woosh.

To r2e's post above.... it is far less likely that you are going to detach from your foot.  It is also unlikely the velcro would release.  The ankle one is fine.  I don't like it because it seems like it would chafe (or chaff).  But apparently lots of people do.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Name/Year of Birth 

Town/State

DW's Cell

Friend's Cell

And my quote "Per Ardua, ad asphalt"

Stinky strap in the blue. I may get a slimline one sometime in the future.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18