Grouping miles together question (Read 690 times)

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Hi Eric! I am new here and just love it. My friends and I started a User Group and now we are wondering if we can somehow tally our miles together to see how far we run as a group. Is that possible? Most likely, it's somewhere already here and I don't know it. Smile Thanks for telling or showing us. J
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
    Wingz

Professional Noob

What a really neat idea! How many people do you think it would take to get a group that runs all the way around the world in a year... Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

Regina

I participate in such a game where teams compete in running around the world. Unfortunately the site is only in German and you can see/use most of features only if you register. But it's really nice!!! I assume however that it's also a lot of work ... This is the 2006 site: http://www.lg-w.de/kmspiel/ If you click on Tabelle (on the left) you see a list of the teams in the order of their arrival in the end of the year. You get also some statistical information (number of team members, total km of the group, weekly average of km per team member). If you click on the name of a team you get the list of the members, their kms, a map, and further information. By clicking on a member name you can get information about this runner and his training (if his log is public) ... I don't know which features you can really access, because I'm logged in automatically. I hope it's enough to get an impression. The new site for 2007 will be completely operational only in about one or two weeks.
        eric :)

Hi Eric! I am new here and just love it. My friends and I started a User Group and now we are wondering if we can somehow tally our miles together to see how far we run as a group. Is that possible? Most likely, it's somewhere already here and I don't know it. Smile Thanks for telling or showing us. J
          jillybean, I can probably whip something up for this when I get around to upgrading groups. There are still many features that are missing from it that I want to get to. I want to create more tools for it to promote more user interactions. eric Smile